• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Butt Hurt is Strong With This One

1 minute ago, Mother Grabber said:

that was painful to watch, had to stop after about 1/3 of it, and i think im still down five or six IQ points

Made it further than I did. 

• Pie 2

I didn't click on the link....but it says up front on the title it's a fantasy football perspective. 

and yeah, I would think Brooks wouldn't have a great fantasy outlook at all this year.  Hurt.  Eased in to a crowded backfield......on a bad team. 

Wow, I half expected tubby on the right to break down in tears at some point. Obviously they’re just Cowboys fans without any knowledge about any other teams. “OL is atrocious” there’s no evidence to qualify that statement. This OL is 3/5 different from last year with different coaching and schemes, we have no idea how they’ll be, but at the very least it was highly invested in. Pinning fantasy hopes for Brooks on Bryce is a fool’s errand. 

On 5/6/2024 at 12:38 PM, Prowler2k18 said:

Must be a Cowboys’ fan. Eat your heart out, Jerry Jones!!!

They both have lots of Dallas memorabilia on the walls behind them.

And Fug fantasy football!!! The only fantasy I'm concerned with involves Scarlett Johansen and Salma Hayak showing up at my door with with a jar of coconut oil bottle of good bourbon .

• Beer 3

before the draft i had heard that the cowboys were really wanting him as their new bell cow RB. they'd been following his recovery progress and hadn't seen anything to dissuade them from drafting him.

"In my 30 years, I thought it was the best interview that I've ever interviewed with a player," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said late Thursday at the team's post-Round 1 press conference. "He's [Brooks] outstanding. He's just outstanding. He's a great football player. We've got him high, high, high. And he's a good player." 

His son Stephen, the Cowboys COO and executive vice president, then elbowed him, saying "you're showing the [draft] board!"

Dallas never had the chance to select Brooks at pick No. 56 since the Carolina traded up six spots from 52nd overall to 46th overall to select the Texas Longhorn. Brooks being the first running back off the board at 46th overall makes the 2024 draft the second-latest the first running back had ever come off the board, ahead of only the 2014 draft (Bishop Sankey 56th overall). 

The 2023 Second Team All-Big 12 running back averaged 129.5 scrimmage yards per game in 2023, the second-most in the Big 12, thanks to the six-foot, 216-pound back's combination of speed, agility and acceleration. Brooks' ability to make a single cut and then float to the outside before accelerating into the open field appears to be magical. Last November at TCU, he was on fire with 104 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns on 21 carries, but his final collegiate season was cut short by a torn ACL injury he suffered in the fourth quarter that night. 

No team possessed more information about Brooks' rehabilitation process than the Cowboys because Dallas' team doctor Dan Cooper performed the running back's ACL surgery. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texas-jonathon-brooks-becomes-first-rb-chosen-after-cowboys-jerry-jones-called-him-outstanding/

• Pie 1