• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Stafford's NFL Records

Zod

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Stafford is one of those unsung guys left in a bottom-dwelling franchise. And here we complain about how little respect Cam got. Talk about a difference.

Stafford has been outstanding and if he had been in a better organization he'd have a ring or two, and I think he's still got a lot of good tread left on his tires. I also like that he has stuck with the Lions year after year until, well, it just got so low that no one could take it anymore (last season was bad and now they've hired an even bigger meathead for HC). 

If he came here, I think he and we would excel. My only worry is for how long it could last.

This is exactly how Cam should have been treated. This year would have been the swan song, heavy hearts many thanks, farewell, live thee well. Draft a new young QB. No fuss, no disrespect. Honor. Grace.

Trading for Stafford does not keep us from drafting a successor in later drafts.  He would be a good get, however  I personally think he will go elsewhere, like the Colts and likely be more expensive than people think draft capital wise.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

This is exactly how Cam should have been treated. This year would have been the swan song, heavy hearts many thanks, farewell, live thee well. Draft a new young QB. No fuss, no disrespect. Honor. Grace.

You know, honestly, I am beginning to see a worrisome parallel here. Two teams and two players trying to move along at a time when there's a change of coaching and leadership. And while Cam had been out and injured for almost the entire year, Stafford was reeling from three different injuries in 2020, even though he never missed an entire game.

I'm beginning to feel that maybe there's something bad under the hood when it comes to Mr. Stafford on the used car lot that is the NFL offseason. And a lot like Cam, he could have some injuries that would spell the end of his career there if he can't find someone to take him on.

I'm getting lots of "Buyer Beware" vibes on the whole thing. 

And no, we didn't need Cam's last ride to be here. Seeing how bad off he was in New England, he really should have hung it up and remained better in people's minds. That old line of "there's nothing sadder than a hero who doesn't know when it is time to hang it up" seems to apply.

I love Cam, but this game is hard on players and almost no one gets to ride the train for as long as they want to. Ask Luke.

I mean, I have been saying he was a top shelf QB in the NFL for a while now. People just ignore him because he is on a talented team that never accomplished anything. Well Dan Fouts had that problem, so did Philip Rivers and plenty of other really good QB's that played on dumpster fire franchises. 

Stafford really is a good QB, IMO. If you put him on a much more successful franchise, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. 

• Beer 1