• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins have received many calls for pick number 3

Zod

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I know people keep wanting to complain about the loss to Washington but damn...what would you propose we do in that game. I don’t think anything we did would out suck Haskins and the terrible special teams play that they had. You can’t be more conservative than riverboat even when his team is playing like garbage. 

Here is what I would do---you are already eliminated--you have a very young roster---play them.  Put Grier at QB--start some youth at LB and play Roy more than Brown.  Oliver Thomas at CB, Franklin at S, Pride at CB---on offense, I play R Smith at RB.

This gives me a decent look at depth, and the draft/next season is more about depth than finding starters.

Then I try to win.

57 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Start PJ and say you are evaluating whats on your roster.  Nobody would have thought twice about that seeing how bad teddy was playing

This, with either PJ or Grier.  By the time the Washington game rolled around, we weren't making the playoffs, and we knew what Teddy was.  Giving PJ another shot, or seeing if Grier could do literally anything besides hold a clipboard, is how the year should've ended. 

47 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So you want to start PJ, with CMC back and a BPA like a Pitts.

So you're complaining about trading from 8 to 3

How are you going to feel trying to trade from 12 into the top 3 for a Sam Howell next year instead?

Personally, I would trade back, get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder from the trade, and go all offensive line, and either safety or linebacker, depending on how the FA market shapes up for those two positions. I feel like with another solid draft like last year's, we could solidify the line, replace at least one of the glaring weaknesses on defense and be in a much better position to mortgage the farm and trade all our 2022 and maybe some 2023 picks for a QB like Howell. 

Not being able to pick in the first two rounds for the next 2-3 years would sting a lot less if we already had a solid offensive line, with integral pieces on rookie contracts and a year to gel under their belts. 

I don't want what happened with Cam to happen to another elite QB. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Personally, I would trade back, get an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder from the trade, and go all offensive line, and either safety or linebacker, depending on how the FA market shapes up for those two positions. I feel like with another solid draft like last year's, we could solidify the line, replace at least one of the glaring weaknesses on defense and be in a much better position to mortgage the farm and trade all our 2022 and maybe some 2023 picks for a QB like Howell. 

Not being able to pick in the first two rounds for the next 2-3 years would sting a lot less if we already had a solid offensive line, with integral pieces on rookie contracts and a year to gel under their belts. 

I don't want what happened with Cam to happen to another elite QB. 

Thats why I think giving a crazy haul to Miami or whoever is dumb because you cannot build the line without draft picks

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Zod said:

Pair this with the fact that the Panthers have said publicly that the Panthers would be in on any QB deal (which this is) and you can safely assume we are trying to move up. 

Ironically, we are going to trade a ton to move up to the position where we would have been if we just lost to Washington.

Yep, pretty much all because Rivera made an awful decision to start Haskins against us. The stink of Rivera gonna linger just a bit longer.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Yep, pretty much all because Rivera made an awful decision to start Haskins against us. The stink of Rivera gonna linger just a bit longer.

Yep. Listen, I'm pissed we won that game. It really fuged us. But 90% of the blame is on Rivera and his terrible decision. The other 10% is on Haskins and him being terrible. Rivera played a terrible QB when his team was fighting for their playoff life. I mean, Ron Rivera and awful depth chart decisions kinda go hand in hand. We lose that game if he had simply played Heinicke the full game. With Ron choosing to play Haskins there wasn't much we could do to lose that game that wouldn't have been Eagles level blatant tanking and I'm not even confident that would've worked. Haskins was THAT bad. 

• Pie 7

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I know people keep wanting to complain about the loss to Washington but damn...what would you propose we do in that game. I don’t think anything we did would out suck Haskins and the terrible special teams play that they had. You can’t be more conservative than riverboat even when his team is playing like garbage. 

Don't let Burns play hurt. He made several big plays.

Don't let any other starters play that are banged up at all.

Call the wrong defense on 2 or three key plays.

Choose conservative punts at the edge of fg range.

Choose conservative draw plays ala John Fox on 3rd and 8.

There are tons of non obvious ways to lose the game without going Philly on it.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So you want to start PJ, with CMC back and a BPA like a Pitts. - What????????

So you're complaining about trading from 8 to 3 - Not complaining per se just saying we shouldnt

How are you going to feel trying to trade from 12 into the top 3 for a Sam Howell next year instead?  - You are already playing the "what if" game for over a year out?  Yeah that makes perfect sense

Yes im playing the what if, and its the most likely.

You upgrade your roster, you get your team back healthy after being hit with injuries last year.  You SHOULD be better than this year.  So yes, looking a year out, unles this team completely implodes, they will be better and will be drafting outside the top 10.  That's not a "what if" thats a known.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So you want to start PJ, with CMC back and a BPA like a Pitts. - What????????

So you're complaining about trading from 8 to 3 - Not complaining per se just saying we shouldnt

How are you going to feel trying to trade from 12 into the top 3 for a Sam Howell next year instead?  - You are already playing the "what if" game for over a year out?  Yeah that makes perfect sense

In all fairness, you started with the "what if" over a game from almost two months ago when there were plenty of other Ws that could've been Ls 👀

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Here is what I would do---you are already eliminated--you have a very young roster---play them.  Put Grier at QB--start some youth at LB and play Roy more than Brown.  Oliver Thomas at CB, Franklin at S, Pride at CB---on offense, I play R Smith at RB.

This gives me a decent look at depth, and the draft/next season is more about depth than finding starters.

Then I try to win.

https://www.panthers.com/news/snap-counts-carolina-at-washington-x1360

Marquis Haynes and Efe Obada were the DE starters. The team did exactly what folks are suggesting outside of being as obvious as the Eagles were with their attempts to tank.

Funny enough, folks are saying they should have started PJ over Teddy like PJ hadn't beaten the Lions and they hadn't been saying Teddy was the reason for the losses 👀

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Pair this with the fact that the Panthers have said publicly that the Panthers would be in on any QB deal (which this is) and you can safely assume we are trying to move up. 

Ironically, we are going to trade a ton to move up to the position where we would have been if we just lost to Washington.

Hey, building that ‘culture’ 

the same architect of the WFT win thought he could continue the ‘culture building’ with Dwayne Haskins