• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grading how the draft was run

Mr. Scot

19 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Late correction aside, first pick was Fields who dropped in our lap and second was the best OT on board (there were a few).  These are premium positions which need to be addressed first.   

Maybe draft was salvaged by some value picks later, we will see.

Panthers were 31st in the league in being able to get off the field on 3rd down last year.  Maybe Jaycee Horn was the correct pick.

• Pie 1

I think it indicates a strategy for managing all the dead cap. Get lots of contributors on rookie deals to fill out a roster while they outlast bad contracts. We added a lot of picks in that 3-5 range where guys might not be stars but if your starter gets injured you have someone with potential to put in.

• Pie 2

If you wanted a tackle or QB in the first round its going to be hard to convince you Jaycee was a good pick. The reality is he's a great player and a great pick. We can argue the Panthers should have never signed Teddy Bridgewater or traded for Darnold... but they did. Fields made less sense after the Darnold trade.

• Beer 1

Outside of Horn and Brady’s guy falling into our laps I’ll give the rest of the draft.. a meh

Not too hyped about a project TE and projected guard though.. this draft definitely needs to be evaluated after perhaps the preseason to even confirm if anyone from Day 3’s draft make the team. Let alone contribute.

if the season weren’t Samdarn or bust I’d give it a solid B, though.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

At this point, I think the LSU kid is the pick that currently swung the overall feel of this draft. 

IF you don't like the Horn pick for some reason that makes sense to me. I like the Horn pick so that one just solidified it.