• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold - Seeing Ghosts

SetfreexX

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

My comment was in reference to the two threads, started within six hours of each other, for two videos from the same source.

2 different conversations. One has to do with Darnold as a QB in general. The other has to do with the specific narrative surrounding him saying he was seeing ghosts.

It happens frequently enough in here and it's perfectly ok. A tangent conversation in one thread spurs another thread. The source doesn't matter. The context and conversation does.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

The Jets OL in this video reminds me of the 2014 Pathers OL. The kind that make you concerned that a shotgun snap is going to get intercepted.

Is this a good time to reminisce about the fact that Chase Winovich was drafted with the #77 pick we traded to move up for Greg Little? Dude's a beast. 

• Beer 2

I'm holding out hope that Darnold will flourish here, mainly because that's my nature. Realistically we'd be in good shape if he got us to nine wins because we could see growth and some promise to the next season, but that's going to all be on coaching and the kid. He's got the best weapons to work he's ever had, but our O-line is still a question mark. And our defense, for all the "names" (names that we know if others outside of the fanbase don't) was fairly lousy last year and may or may not be improved moving ahead. Bad defense means a QB who is always chasing the lead and fewer opportunities to get the ball -- not a good recipe for someone with Darnold's resume. Still, if he is able to live up to his promise, we could see maybe four more wins than last year and feel good about growing the team.

The other two sides to this are the bad, bad side: He comes in and just cannot do it. We end up putting one of the unheralded bench sitters in by mid-season and we just ride it out. Maybe he plays out the pre-quel to 13 Ghosts, maybe the coaching isn't as good as we'd hoped, maybe there's a key injury. We're on the hook for another season with Darnold and we could end up with a high draft pick in an iffy QB class. 

The remaining side, the wow! look at that side, could see the kid have a renaissance under Rhule and Brady, he works wonders with the WRs, TEs and CMC and generally lets everyone say that QB isn't our problem spot anymore. We roll on with him into the playoffs and maybe make it a ways.

No one freaking knows at this point and honestly, there are so many moving pieces to the change Darnold has been given that watching old film might be nearly pointless.

(Just please don't be like David Carr was when he came to the Panthers.)

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Give me a list of qb’s who have done well while playing for the Jets.

Mark Sanchez, Vinnie Testaverde and Chad Pennington all started 60+ games for the Jets and each had a winning regular-season record overall (.532, .574, .525 respectively).

Between them they went to the playoffs 7 times over the course 13 seasons and the Jets were 7-7 in playoff games in that stretch.

The list I'd be interested in is QB's who have been cast-off by the Jets and then "done well" going forward...

NOTE:  I hope Sam does well.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Mark Sanchez, Vinnie Testaverde and Chad Pennington all started 60+ games for the Jets and each had a winning regular-season record overall (.532, .574, .525 respectively).

Between them they went to the playoffs 7 times over the course 13 seasons and the Jets were 7-7 in playoff games in that stretch.

The list I'd be interested in is QB's who have been cast-off by the Jets and then "done well" going forward...

NOTE:  I hope Sam does well.

When Sanchez, Pennington, and Testaverde are your qbs worth mentioning. Remember one thing, those guys are not worth mentioning. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, RJK said:

Every QB has said this. They just weren’t mic’d up. Doesn’t help when your coach has no answers 

Came here to post this. ESPN should not have aired that, but theyve been slowly dying and need something to "debate" on their 17 debate shows. 

• Pie 1