• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I hate saying it. But the Panthers played with 10 guys on D last year”

ncfan

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

To be fair, I was shooting 3 Wisemen and just wanted to point out that his deep ball wasn't that bad when he has both knees working and an OL that can give him longer than 2.5sec to let the play develop. 😳

But I also didn't say that Herbert didn't have arm talent when it was clearly on display. Kinda like folks that thought Gabbert was the #1 prospect when he was 0/1 on passes of 40+ yards the year he declared. 👀

Um, okay? I do believe you may have me mixed up with some other Huddler. lol

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Correlation does not imply causation.

We might have the strongest 4-3 LB history in the league since we entered the league. It's because we've also probably spent by far the most resources at the position since we entered the league. We didn't evolve as an organization. We came into the league in the early '90s and it seemed like we've been largely stuck in 1980s football philosophy mindsets. It's not a coincidence.

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We might have the strongest 4-3 LB history in the league since we entered the league. It's because we've also probably spent by far the most resources at the position since we entered the league. We didn't evolve as an organization. We came into the league in the early '90s and it seemed like we've been largely stuck in 1980s football philosophy mindsets. It's not a coincidence.

The problem hasn't been spending first round picks on fantastic players like Morgan, Beason, Davis and Kuechly. 

The problem has been spending 2-7 round picks on trash that I don't have to list because we all know the names. 

We're a losing franchise because we've consistently drafted poorly, particularly after the first round pick. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 3

I get all the reasons why he waited so long but it was very apparent that Whitehead was a liability.  Rhule/Snow/Brady have to be better at pulling the plug on someone who isn't performing well.  

Our depth is much better this year so IMO there shouldn't be any excuses why they can make a decision much earlier.  I could care less if that player is making too much money to sit the bench.  The best 22 should be on the field regardless of veteran status. 

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he jumped .  It is easy to to look  back and be 100 % correct .  It was Hurney that brought in Teddy . It was Hurney who gave Shak the contract he has .  Fitts brought in Darnald because we did not have a starting QB .  Rhule is the coach and will coach the players given to him .  Why not wait and see how it plays out before second guessing everything .

• Beer 2

Oh man, training camp always brings out the new idiot members that are going to vie for the crown of most esteemed moron for the season. Always a treat. Every season it's a brand new bunch. Last year's crowd was pretty disappointing so I'm hoping this bunch is more entertaining. 

22 minutes ago, catnip said:

It was Hurney that brought in Teddy . It was Hurney who gave Shak the contract he has .

He's gone it might be time to start looking for the next fall guy because odds are this "versatile" oline could be swiss cheese by the fall.

At the beginning of Panthers Confidential, you see inside the Panther Draft Room when they're informed of the Lions picking (Penei Sewell).

Scott Fitterer says to Matt Rhule, "So what's gonna happen is Sewell's gonna go, we'll be staring at Horn, and then it's gonna be what's worth us moving off of Horn." 

Later, right around five minutes in, the film rewinds to the day before the draft and you see the meeting where Matt Rhule lists "the cluster of guys we really love" in order with Scott Fitterer, Samir Suleman and David Tepper. 

They are...

- Penei Sewell
- Jaycee Horn
- Patrick Surtain
- Jaylen Waddle
- Devonta Smith

And finally, a little after that comes the part where they actually draft Jaycee Horn, which would strongly suggest he was the guy they wanted (and in fact they say so afterward). 

So ya know,  there's that 😕

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

At the beginning of Panthers Confidential, you see inside the Panther Draft Room when they're informed of the Lions picking (Penei Sewell).

Scott Fitterer says to Matt Rhule, "So what's gonna happen is Sewell's gonna go, we'll be staring at Horn, and then it's gonna be what's worth us moving off of Horn." 

Later, right around five minutes in, the film rewinds to the day before the draft and you see the meeting where Matt Rhule lists "the cluster of guys we really love" in order with Scott Fitterer, Samir Suleman and David Tepper. 

They are...

- Penei Sewell
- Jaycee Horn
- Patrick Surtain
- Jaylen Waddle
- Devonta Smith

And finally, a little after that comes the part where they actually draft Jaycee Horn, which would strongly suggest he was the guy they wanted (and in fact they say so afterward). 

So ya know,  there's that 😕

2/5 you mentioned were in play at 8