• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just Fields looking like hot garbage

GOAT

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

One is probably going to be Howell or Rattler because of Liberty’s competition. IF Darnold looks like old Darnold, I would love to get Willis especially if we can do it without having to give away a ton of assets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2021/07/07/elite-11-qbs-spencer-rattler-sam-howell

Willis just outperformed them both at the elite 11, if he really takes off this year, I mean Heisman worthy it's going to take a lot to get him.

Remember we were actually 4-12 but Washington gave us that game to screw us out of draft position, even if that's not true just remember how this past draft went... Everyone knew we were in the market for QB and failing twice only going make the price go up even higher.

Just hoping we don't get so desperate at the QB position, we end up trading for R.Wilson at age 45. 

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Sam Darnold has been one of the worst QBs in the NFL for 3 seasons but yea Justin Fields is hot garbage after his first preseason game 

OP was out too early.  Fields had a good first preseason game.  

14/20, 70% comp, 175 total yards, 2 TDs. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Icege said:

Ngl, Fields looks like after he gets his reps in he will have the same ability to blow the doors off of a game.

I see a lot of Darnold in him when he is trying to do too much. Hopefully both guys take what's available rather than trying to force the issue.

Fields looks like a much better option than Tua tho.

I just read that Tua looks much improved and accurate, so I don't know where you're coming from.

8 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2021/07/07/elite-11-qbs-spencer-rattler-sam-howell

Willis just outperformed them both at the elite 11, if he really takes off this year, I mean Heisman worthy it's going to take a lot to get him.

Remember we were actually 4-12 but Washington gave us that game to screw us out of draft position, even if that's not true just remember how this past draft went... Everyone knew we were in the market for QB and failing twice only going make the price go up even higher.

Just hoping we don't get so desperate at the QB position, we end up trading for R.Wilson at age 45. 

Malik is a baller

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I just read that Tua looks much improved and accurate, so I don't know where you're coming from.

Not saying that Tua was bad, but seeing both execute the offense, the throws and decisions they made, etc I like Fields as a QB to hook a franchise up to vs. Tua.

2 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

If Justin Fields played well, we'd be filled with people saying how the Panthers blew their pick.  

He plays not well?  We just need to give him time to grow and eventually be better than the Horn picAmen 

Amen brother 

12 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

+ 2 fumbles of course.

Yep.  Important to have some preseason work where young QBs aren’t protected like in practice.  Gives them a chance to experience and work on things like real ball security.  

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

He did more than just post good stats though. He showed that he jas a short memory after mistakes and can dust himself off and get back up and make plays. Showing this in his very first game is huge as far as his character is concerned. This is one of the most valuable traits in a franchise qb.

He has a good arm, a good mind and has a stable ego. He also has scrambling ability. His stock is sky high right now from what I can see.

I’m not saying he isn’t a good prospect. He had a short memory from bad mistakes in college. Seems to be a very smart man with all the tools and I wanted us to draft him. I’m just saying that preseason game one against backups isn’t really going to tell you much. A lot of teams run simple defensive/offensive schemes the whole game just to get players basic experience. It’s also why I’m not entirely worried about us not playing Darnold in game one.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

I think his point was that the Fields conversation shows up on a LOT of threads.  It just does.

It does only because Fields was sitting there for Rhule to take, he didn’t 

it’s not like this franchise has had many franchise QB1s, so passing on a potential one, particularly one with the athletic skill to make up for a poor line, for someone who was PFF’s what, 39th ranked starting nfl QBs, doesn’t inspire confidence 

These QB decisions in a QB driven league will define Rhule’s tenor in Charlotte or how long that tenor might be. 

who knows, maybe Darnold is an incognito QB1 and Rhule is a genius. Time will tell 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

It does only because Fields was sitting there for Rhule to take, he didn’t 

I hadn't heard that.  Link?

who knows, maybe Darnold is an incognito QB1 and Rhule is a genius. Time will tell 

Maybe.  We'll see.  

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

The bama kid didn’t look like this

I was saying we shoulda snagged the 'bama kid starting back in January or so. I'm hoping that Darnold was the better choice, but I still think Jones is the one who will go the furthest of this crop of first round QBs.

• Pie 1