• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting RG on covid list

CRA

12 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I have a hunch the total # of cases this year will exceed that of last year.

Tom Brady thinks it will be….because players won’t be locked down.  

basically because he expects poor decisions to increase.  So when team X travels to random city X… they have the freedom and ability to be exposed to more people vs last year.  

not entirely sure of what restrictions are on the players….but in normal times players are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want.  Strip clubs, bars, restaurants, meet up with out of town friends, etc when on the road.  

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Humanity couldn't even be decent long enough to not hoard toilet paper. When it comes down to it, people will do what's best for them 99.9% of the time. Covid has shown humanity for what it really is, selfish and self righteous. 

I think it's not humanity as much as it our overly libertarian spirit in the states that puts self over common good.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Imagine being such a fuging loser that you register accounts on football fan forums solely to shitpost about COVID

Huh?

I’ve been on this site since 2010, coronabro.

Unfortunately, as you know, the past several seasons haven’t been much to post about.  

Edited by ECUPantherFan

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

god damn this message board argues about COVID too much. I wish we would just make a rule about it not being discussable on here, just like poltiics. It's very exhausting.

that's all folks GIF by Space Jam

It doesn’t help that half the posts aren’t mature or intelligent enough to discuss football…let alone the topic of covid and vaccines 

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

god damn this message board argues about COVID too much. I wish we would just make a rule about it not being discussable on here, just like poltiics. It's very exhausting.

that's all folks GIF by Space Jam

Yup and the same cast of characters can break their necks to post soon enough the moment a new Covid topic is posted.

5 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Bucs just got Ndamukong Suh back off the list which he's been on since August 28th (10-days)....3 other Bucs players went on the list the same week as Suh.

Arians has stated that the Bucs will be following the same protocols that were in place last year not the relaxed ones for this year. It will be difficult to make any comparisons to them.

4 hours ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Again, you are making an assumption that they weren't vaxxed though. Seeing as how a majority of people in this country are vaxxed, there is a better chance of them being vaxxed then not being vaxxed. 

And if they aren't vaxxed and still choose to go, then that's on them. I'm sorry, Ive become a cold hearted SOB. I'm  vaccinated and I'm frankly tired of being told not to do certain things just to protect the idiots that refuse to get vaxxed. 

According to the CDC 53% of Americans are fully vaccinated. That's a very slim majority nationwide, all age groups, and I'll bet that those of the age to fill college stadiums are majority not vaccinated.

4 hours ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

We just have two different mindsets. My mindset is if someone is eligible to be vaxxed, and refuses to be vaxxed and chooses to go in high risk situations, then they have to pay the consequences. 

This applies to anything in life really, if a idiot refuses to wear a motorcycle helmet and ends up dead or in a coma, then that's on him. He knew the risk, ignored the warnings and he made his choice and he lives with the consequences. That's what I teach my kids 

If the consequences were strictly to that single individual (as your helmet example) I would agree. However that is not the case. Let's look at some basic math & probabilities.

COVID19-A: Infection rate of the unvaxxed is 4 (1 infected person on average infects 4 others & those 4 infect 4 more each, etc.) 1->4->16->64-> etc.

COVID19-D: Infection rate of the unvaxxed, I've read from research, is 18. 1->18->324->5832-> etc.

Do you not see that the probability of the unvaxxed becoming infected with the Delta variant is much higher than with the original? And it goes beyond the numbers. What if a vaccinated parent, or older sibling even, gets infected and, although they recover well, pass it to their school-age child, who can't be vaccinated, who pass it to schoolmates? Not only do those that test positive miss school but those that had close contact that tested negative do too. Not even mentioning those that don't recover well.

I don't know what else to say to you. Yes, I'm as angry at the unvaxxed as anyone but I'm not anywhere near ready to give up the fight to save my life, my family's lives or anyone else's life. If you believe analytics helps football decisions then you should believe analytics helps make public health decisions. Facts are facts.