• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've lost another beat reporter

Captain Morgan

I've always felt like, until more recent years, that our state's pro teams were just the farm system for all of the other pro sports teams...  well, I am happy to report that our teams aren't any longer, but it sure seems our media outlets have assumed their role.😂  Damn, we can't keep any reporters around...  and the ones we do, the Panthers hire in keep them in-house, so the messaging is pretty well packaged.

28 minutes ago, Zod said:

People still get news from the observer?

28 minutes ago, Zod said:

How often is any observer piece posted here? I can't recall any recently.

Whens the last time you dropped some actually news and not an HORRIBLE prediction that usually never happens? I'll wait... you're just as bad as the rest of the media here always talking down but yet you can't even get simple acess to take pictures anymore lol something about glass houses?? and stones? 

44 minutes ago, Zod said:

How often is any observer piece posted here? I can't recall any recently.

Mr. Scot always posts stuff, I lose track but I'm sure he probably posted one piece or two this year. 

Anyway, kuddos for her. Seems like the Charlotte Observer keeps losing decent beat writers, with the exception of Joe person. 

20 minutes ago, JABANOG said:

Whens the last time you dropped some actually news and not an HORRIBLE prediction that usually never happens? I'll wait... you're just as bad as the rest of the media here always talking down but yet you can't even get simple acess to take pictures anymore lol something about glass houses?? and stones? 

If you have been around through camp you would know the lack of access is definitely not limited to him. The Panthers have taken control of the local media scene now. Some people will like it that way others will view it as a loss for fans. But that's where we're at.