• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1 Post Script: Zach Wilson injured

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, ThPantherFan said:

you like to straddle the fence?  Just messing with you.

Hahaha, you are not wrong. There is so much childish bickering and arguing going on so I wanted to make clear that was not the purpose of my question. I was genuinely interested in his opinion.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The talk on him pre-draft was that while his skill set was great, it was questionable whether he could take the kind of punishment the NFL dishes out.

NFL punishment is one thing but I doubt even Brett Favre would make it through a season of games featuring the level of beat down we out on him in week one.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

This cannot be true.  Wilson was behind a top 10 line according to PFF.

He is behind a much better line than Sam was - young, but still better.  Sam didn’t even have a center that could snap the ball….jumping up to catch a ball snapped over your head, takes valuable time from surveying the field and making your reads to throw.

*Just checked, Wilson is taller than I thought, same height as Sam, but not as husky/sturdy.

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, 1usctrojan said:

My heart goes out to the young man.  Out of BYU, he played behind a massive oline of 40 year olds protecting him….now, everyone is big, fast and strong.  Bet on injured and out for a few more games….ouch.

He played on teams that were far more talented than the teams they were playing against.  Just like most of the qb's that were drafted in the first round this year.  So far, of the ones that have actually played, it seems like only Mac Jones has adapted well.  But he probably went into the best situation.  

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Durability questions aren't limited to certain kinds of injuries.

Eh. Some injuries are due to smaller frame, degenerative joints, etc things that can be foreseen and concerned about. Some injuries are just freak injuries that can happen to anyone. Someone who people project injury concerns on getting a freak injury doesn’t verify those concerns. Correlation doesn’t imply causation.