• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Respect for the Panthers - What Cowboys Fans are Saying

Zod

It's funny reading the Cowboys forum and them saying how delusional we are over here but hey we're 3-0 and this is a Panthers forum so what do you expect? I mean if there is one word to describe a Cowboys fan all these years is delusional so I guess they know the word pretty well.

1 hour ago, mbarbour21 said:

I don't blame them for being skeptical about us, but I blame them for NOT being skeptical about the Cowboys. Lol! They believe if they lose to us it's the Cowboys doing what they always do. (losing to an inferior team when they get on a roll) Rich Eisen basically said that if they lose to us they suck and the hype was never real.....

We have never trailed for a moment in this season so far. I am interested in seeing how Darnold plays from behind. Will he stay calm like he did versus the Texans and Saints in our last scoring drives, or will he revert to the guy who threw a "just gonna sit here and stare at the TV WHAT THE HECK did he just do" interception that he threw against the Saints?

As far as worrying about a serious challenger, I'm just holding my breath EVERY SNAP to see if our offensive line can play average/just adequately against any team.  

To call that an interception is a joke.

That was an ill-advised shovel-toss intended toward Chuba while Sam was being tackled.   It wasn't some throw that got picked off.

• Pie 2

Keys to game: 

Panthers greatest strength run D vs. Cowboys greatest strength run O.  Force DP to rely on his arm and abandon the run and Carolina's chances of victory improve dramatically. 

If Darnold remains patient, doesn't try to do too much and can avoid committing costly turnovers, I like our chances.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

Could we lose this game? Sure we could.

And if it happens, I expect weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth from people claiming we were "exposed" and the like.

But FYI: that'd be a silly reaction.

People did the same thing in 2003 when we lost (badly) to the Titans in game five, bit that season turned out okay.

4 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Their pressure % is low because they literally have the shortest pocket time in the league.    Dak has been sacked more than Sam.  They actually have fewer passing yards than we do, on more attempts.  They have the 7th lowest air yards/ per completion.  If their run game fails, they are looking at 3rd and long.  If we shut down the run game as we have done, it'll be a long day for dink and dunk Dak.

If you are right, and the boys are great, they should crush us without CMC, Horn and Buris, on the road.

But if we win, will the narrative be that we are awesome, crushing a great team, or that the boys were pretenders?

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Some interesting stats here I think, TB defense allows an average  29.2 pts per game and Dallas scored 29. Chargers 20 pts per game and Dallas scored 20. The exception was the Eagles 21pts and Dallas scored 35 offensively. We average 10 per game defensively.

Dallas gives up 23 pts per game. Which should be close to what we average. 

Interesting but sample sizes are small and Eagles were allowing like 13 points per game before Dallas put up 35 on them. I think our D will do well against them but it'll be more like 17-23 points allowed than 10.

7 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You can't really blame them for being cocky, the media are blowing smoke up their arses.

Even Rich Eisen, who's usually pretty even handed, has turned this into a "man the Cowboys are legit and this is the game to show it in" story. 

I think it'll be a close game - we'll see where we are on our journey (and how we respond to Horn and McCaffrey being out). Even if we lose we're still 3-1 in the first quarter of the season - I'd always take that. 

Is that you John Fox? 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Could we lose this game? Sure we could.

And if it happens, I expect weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth from people claiming we were "exposed" and the like.

But FYI: that'd be a silly reaction.

People did the same thing in 2003 when we lost (badly) to the Titans in game five, bit that season turned out okay.

Looked up that game since I forgot about it. We should of won that game. Panthers played better than the Titans.  But having 4 turnovers will kill any teams chances of winning.