• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The fan base is melting into the ether

Jmac

3 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

This team is lifeless and honestly just boring to watch. There is no excitement, no passion, no energy, nothing. I’ve been watching for 20 years and I don’t remember a time where I’ve cared less. 

That’s me. 

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

NGL, I thought it was only a very small fraction of the fanbase that didn't like or believe in the Rhule hire and regime, but clearly it was either his hire or Cam's dismissal, or both, but the mass exodus of present Panther fans on Sundays has resulted in BOA stadium becoming a home game for the opponent this year and it has been absolutely embarrassing.

We might have had a smattering of opposing fans over the years, that you could sometimes hear during games, but this season, they are the loudest faction of spectators there.  Against both the Eagles and Vikings the crowd booed when bad calls were made against the visiting team, cheered wildly when they scored, and against t the Vikings, the crowd even started a "Skol" chant.  It's worse than it's ever been.

Sounds like we are becoming Jacksonville or the cardinals when they played at sun devil stadium.

5 hours ago, Jmac said:

As this sh%tshow rolls along, the fans are disppearing (whatever fan base existed.) The team always had problems with out of town fans buying tickets to support various teams (mostly Steelers and Washington fans.)

The corporations buy the boxes and the best PSL's to give to clients. The average Joe may have a PSL for his family and may be struggling to justify the expense. Between the 'vid and the hell of a broken economy of 2019, 2020 on into 2021, many more important things to spend the $$ on.

Curious how many PSL holders are re-considering giving them up next season. How many who buy a few game tickets a season will rethink the purchase. Just feels like the whole atmosphere is going down the sh%tter fast. A few of the wine and cheese crowd with disposable income will still go just to sit on their hands.

Not to be rude but I am  a PSL holder too cuz I keep paying high prices for SundayTicket to watch this crap show..if I lived in the area I would want season tickets and pay for my crappy team!!

Edited by DamnItJake!

2 hours ago, ClawOn said:

Most of you need to consider a healthy hobby or interest of some kind. 

I’ve taken up furious masturbation at 10 am instead of watching the games. By 10:02, I dive face first into 6 24 oz coors light tall boys, and am sleeping like a baby while Sam throws to the other team, out of bounds, or dropped by a wr ranked worst in the league the last 3 weeks. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

It started with disregarding the most important player in the history of Charlotte sports, then replacing him with Teddy Bridgewater, and THEN replacing HIM with Sam Darnold. It’s honestly been a shitshow.

Damn Chuck, how many alts do you have?

Fwiw, were entering apathy territory, when you get "fans" who don't care, that's when you really have a problem.  I know because I rebounded and didn't care about the loss by dinner on Sunday and I've had weeks where my mood was off all week because the panthers played like ass.  A team can sustain an angry fanbase, but no team can withstand an apathetic fanbase and were getting there quick.

3 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Fwiw, were entering apathy territory, when you get "fans" who don't care, that's when you really have a problem.  I know because I rebounded and didn't care about the loss by dinner on Sunday and I've had weeks where my mood was off all week because the panthers played like ass.  A team can sustain an angry fanbase, but no team can withstand an apathetic fanbase and were getting there quick.

In our bad years, or shall I say most years, this transition most clearly occurs when I prefer redzone over our game.  

Last week halftime was the first this season.  I was just done.  Boring product, uninspired play, clueless coaching.

12 hours ago, Squid Game said:

Charlotte never had a great fanbase. There isn’t a sport culture here. College basketball runs this state. Clemson football runs South Carolina. The Hornets were 3-0 and just beat a Brooklyn Nets team that has Kevin Durant and James Harden. Did anyone see the home game two nights ago vs the Celtics? That arena was packed of Celtics fans. 

Charlotte fans are definitely performance-based. No support for losing teams. It can’t be that different for other markets as well. The Hornets games will pick up if they keep winning