• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan on meeting with Cam

ncfan

Isn’t the problem with cam that he can’t throw over 20 yards because of his shoulder injury? I mean you can say the patriots had no WRs last year but they still had a decent Offensive line. His throwing stats were bad. He threw a high completion percentage but that’s because he threw a bunch of short passes. His td to int ratio sucked.

51 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If people really want Howell (I don't) then any more wins hurts us.

You've already said you don't think there's a QB worth tanking for in this draft. 

This is just you hating Cam Newton and trying to be cute about it. 

On 10/24/2021 at 6:55 PM, Catsfan69 said:

I'm yet to be wrong about Darnold.

I said build him a competent line and I think his ceiling is between the 12th and 15th best QB in the league. 

I see no possible improvement out there unless we get Minshew or Russ.

There is no QB I see in the draft class or anyone we could get at the NFL level that's an improvement. 

• Flames 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Plays Sunday? What is the play calls? Cam left, Cam right, Cam up the middle,  punt?

LIS earlier in the thread, learning the playbook isn't quite as difficult as one would think.

Yes, for a rookie, no way they would be able to play this quickly.  But Newton is a 10-year vet.  He's familiar with the vast majority of NFL concepts, formations/alignments, and some verbiage across different playbooks leaguewide are often similar.  Obviously there will be some stuff he doesn't know that would take some time and we'd in some ways need to limit the playbook to an extent, but no reason he couldn't play.  

Ultimately I don't think our approach Sunday would be any more or less limited than if PJ Walker was starting.  Likely run-heavy, try and get McCaffrey heavily involved underneath, and call a lot of pass concepts that Cam is most familiar with.