• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinions on who is at fault for Cam's departure??

WOW!!

Cam says it's  irrelevant which it is now.. But alot of "somebody" else's money has been spent to replace him.. Only to bring him back to save the season and hopefully give a reset on this rebuild...

(Thanks Cam for being so mature)

But I've heard alot of narrative over this situation.. So let's break it down and discuss...

1. Was it Tepper choice because he wanted to axe all things Jerry Richardson and put his stamp on the team?? I'm not convinced because he seems to love Cam like Jerry did and no doubt getting Cam back was his call..

2. Marty H.. Did he want to keep his job so bad that he didn't trust Cam to be healthy a full season or carry the team anymore?? Which he needed I guess a record that would convince Tepper to keep him some where in the organization?? I don't know.. Marty was Cam biggest claim to fame.. Cam was his guy..

3. Was it Rhule wanting to build his culture and not thinking he could do that with Cam persona?? I've heard this alot..

4. Cam wanting a contract and some security and a sign of belief from the team.. And not wanting to play a lame duck year??

5. Brady wanting his guy Teddy??? Making Rhule and Marty get his guy because Brady is Tepper's guy right?? My problem here is Brady said he wanted to work with Cam then and today..

Do you have anymore conspiracy theories or here say??

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I wonder if Cam would have accepted an extension equal to what Teddy was paid?  If so, you can pretty much blame Rhule and company for the departure.

I get the feeling that Rhule didn't want to deal with Cam's presence.  He wanted to reboot the whole locker room.  Maybe they thought he wasn't going to be healthy again.  That's the angle they played.  That they couldn't take the risk.  But they'll risk giving 60 million dollars to a backup QB.  Or trade multiple draft picks to risk the whole season on a draft bust turning it around.  It's not very consistent with the explanation we were given.

Rhule failed to replace Cam and I think that Cam's return is Tepper taking the keys away.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, PandaMan said:

I think Tepper had a lot of faith in Rhule and wanted to let him run things.  Based on everything we’ve seen, Brady and Rhule don’t know how to evaluate quarterbacks due to reports that Brady heavily pushed for Teddy.  Rhule pushed for Sam and we actually traded for a downgrade.  It wasn’t any one person necessarily, but this is Rhule’s team and the buck stops with him.  

THIS

At the end of the day it's Tepper's call. If keeping Cam was important he would have made it a priority in his search for a coach. He brought in Rhule and Brady, who did not want to hitch their new wagon to broken goods by signing Cam to a big contract. Few alternatives in a market desperate for QBs so Brady jumped at the chance to bring in his guy.

Edited by MechaZain

8 hours ago, WOW!! said:

3. Was it Rhule wanting to build his culture and not thinking he could do that with Cam persona?? I've heard this alot..

Rhule's press conference debunked this for me. A lot of praise for his ethic and said he liked being around Cam. It really seems like it was 100% about his health and that they feel a lot better about where he is now.

• Pie 1