• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let’s talk about Haason Reddick

ncfan

I would rather retain Frankie Luvu on a cheaper deal. He did well when given the opportunity last season and gives us a more affordable option at the position. I could maybe see Marquis Haynes fitting the role as well, but it sounds like the staff is going to let him walk.

Originally I thought Josh Paschal could fill that role, but he appears to be more along the build of YGM (which means if the team can draft him, they can also move on from Morgan Fox...).

Maybe the staff would consider bringing Chinn back up to that role? 👀

But if the man is willing to play for well below what he could get on the open market in the first season, sign him and pay him when there's cap space like they did with Moton!

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

Need to retain or sign as much talent as we can while we are not paying a massive portion of our cap to the QB position. Darnold will be off the books next season and I’m sure we’ll be working with a rookie QB. I’m sure Fitt will look to follow the Seattle model and fill the team with as much talent as possible while you have your QB on a rookie contract.

The Bills have one year left before Allen’s contract balloons into triple the cap hit. The Chiefs got their Super Bowl win before Mahomes cap hit took over. The Bengals are in the middle of their window. 

You need to do as much as you can to try and win while not having to pay your QB.

Edited by Eazy-E
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, hepcat said:

I think he should walk. 

Need to get bigger up front. Teams ran all over us this season. Sign a low cost vet DE with some run stopping ability. Hope Gross-Matos develops. Probably should let Burns walk too. Can't win with tiny tweener DE's that can't stop the run.

This is where I’m at.  Reddick was great at rushing the passer, but once the Cowboys used the jumbo set and showed how to run it down our throats, it was over.  If he comes back on a cheap deal since he likes Rhule so much that’d be neat, but we definitely need bigger guys up front.  Year 3 is when a lot of guys excel so I’m hoping YGM can do that.  Charles Johnson and Hardy broke out in year 3🤞🏻 

Reddick was by far the best pass rushers we had this year. It is absurd he didn't make the pro-bowl. He is a proven double digit sack guy and proved he wasnt a one-hit wonder this season. I hope the naysayers keep the same energy when Tampa signs him to replace JPP. I think he should be the first priority to resign on defense 

Hell you could easily make the argument Reddick had the best overall season of anyone on the team. I would lose even further faith in Rhule if we don't try to resign him. Guys who can get double digit sacks don't grow on trees. The worst move the Saints have made recently was allowing their salary cap to get so jacked up they had to let Trey Hendeickson walk and sign with the Bengals, helping lead their defense to a SB

• Pie 1