• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

If that is too extreme and radical for you, let's say the QB was just recorded making racist comments. Which is far more likely today than a KKK rally thanks to everyone always carrying around a recording device. And instead of other teams' players not wanting to play against him, they look forward to playing team X so they can hurt the guy. The protests, pulled sponsors, and teammates not wanting to play with him still happen.

Is the QB still worth it?

Josh Allen literally went through this in 2018 .... and none of the above happened.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

35 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

That’s just it.

Probably also means Tampa gets Watson and they run our division for the next several years.

While we end up with Jimmy G

I don’t see how Tampa could afford him they don’t have hardly any cap. Brady had a pretty good team friendly deal.

26 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Can't speak for everyone, but that kind of semantics matters but little to me. I demand better.

That's not semantics, it's called burden of proof.  This is how the law works in America, innocent until proven guilty.  For a criminal case of any kind, burden of proof requires a legal definition of "beyond a reasonable doubt".  For a civil case, burden of proof requires a legal definition of "preponderance of the evidence".

These are important definitions everyone needs to understand, but for some reason aren't well understood or widely taught.  A lot of outrage could be easily avoided with education regarding our legal system and particularly toward the definitions and application of the law.

I once sat on a jury for a wrongful death suit.  While the situation was very sad, the education and understanding I got of our legal system was invaluable.  I know a lot of people see jury duty as a burden, but it really will give you a great appreciation for the country we live in and how much thought and care has gone into creating the system we have.

It's not perfect, by no means.  But we have some very good standards here that we shouldn't take for granted.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm getting livid at the thought of it.  Anyone advocating for this I pray you don't have daughters. If you are OK with this then you are no better a human being than the man who committed the assaults.  That is not the type of person or team I can follow and cheer for.

Did you vote for in the 2020 election? Sexual predators are sexual predators. From some perspective, whenever I look into the mirror and see a shade of brown that has origins on a genetic level that were the result of sexual predation, I see some irony in people who try to get up on their high horse in these types of situations.

I think at least abstaining from making such harsh value judgements is warranted. 

Moreover, not to be overly specific or cynical, as a black man in America, I can make all kinds of judgments, but I go on and try to see the good in people who either don't appreciate and support black people themselves, and/or support all kinds of people who don't support black people. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, top dawg said:

Did you vote for in the 2020 election? Sexual predators are sexual predators. From some perspective, whenever I look into the mirror and see a shade of brown that has origins on a genetic level that were the result of sexual predation, I see some irony in people who try to get up on their high horse in these types of situations.

I think at least abstaining from making such harsh value judgements is warranted. 

Moreover, not to be overly specific or cynical, as a black man in America, I can make all kinds of judgments, but I go on and try to see the good in people who either don't appreciate and support black people themselves, and/or support all kinds of people who don't support black people. 

My God.  Now you think it's a racial thing? Are you implying I'm a racist because he happens to be African-American?  You have no argument so you try to imply my opinion is based on how I did or did not vote. Pathetic. 

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, BrianS said:

That's not semantics, it's called burden of proof.  This is how the law works in America, innocent until proven guilty.  For a criminal case of any kind, burden of proof requires a legal definition of "beyond a reasonable doubt".  For a civil case, burden of proof requires a legal definition of "preponderance of the evidence".

These are important definitions everyone needs to understand, but for some reason aren't well understood or widely taught.  A lot of outrage could be easily avoided with education regarding our legal system and particularly toward the definitions and application of the law.

I once sat on a jury for a wrongful death suit.  While the situation was very sad, the education and understanding I got of our legal system was invaluable.  I know a lot of people see jury duty as a burden, but it really will give you a great appreciation for the country we live in and how much thought and care has gone into creating the system we have.

It's not perfect, by no means.  But we have some very good standards here that we shouldn't take for granted.

It's semantics because football isn't a court of law where that distinction matters. Saying, "I'm a fan of a player for whom there exists a preponderance of evidence that he sexually abused 22 women" is absolutely no better than, "I'm a fan of a player who is a serial sex offender beyond a reasonable doubt."

Edited by Captroop

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

It's semantics because football isn't a court of law where that distinction matters. Saying, "I'm a fan of a player for whom there exists a preponderance of evidence that he sexually abused 22 women" is absolutely no better than, "I'm a fan who is a serial sex offender beyond a reasonable doubt."

But to make such a determination, those claims will have to go to trial, which they won't. It's not semantics; just extremely inconvenient to the poor point you're trying to make. 

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

2016 and 2020. Now, you know you just got quite a few folks in a “gotcha!!” right there, lol. Hell, with this whole response you did.

At first, I was willing to give whatever it took to obtain Watson. That waivered this past year, but if he comes out Friday pretty clean (no felonies), then I want him. 

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, Zod said:

Seattle has a ton to offer the Texans now and they are in need of a QB.

Carolina is also still mentioned every single time Watson is brought up.

Seattle has the capital but they are gutting the team.  Bobby Wagner got released and he was the heart and soul of the defense.  There gutting of their team definitely evens things out for us.

We have the 6th pick in the draft and of course next years and possible 2024 1st rounder.  That would suck as far as not getting top level talent for a couple of years but Watson would help ease that pain. Also you can bet there are going to be other names involved.  

Many on this forum don't think we have much to offer but every player is available.  CMC might just cost us one extra first.  The only name I hope we don't trade is Burns but even he might be a trading chip. We have to address the QB spot and focus on bring free agents in to counter our lack of draft capital for a couple of years.

I hope we pull it off. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I had a feeling this was what all the restructures were for. I hope it doesn't happen because it would suck not being able to cheer for my team til the owner and qb are gone. 

Might as well get a new team at that point.  Tepper is going nowhere and Watson would likely be our QB for the next decade or so.