• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, uncfan888 said:

If they land him and with Brady coming back, why even bother watching next season

So we can see Rhule chuckling on the sidelines as we are getting killed and look somber the next day in the press conference saying if the tackle had longer arms, the QB could have been protected better....or something like that.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Bring your blankets, because the NFCS basement is a bit drafty and we'll be here awhile.

Panthers are serious contenders too and can offer a great trade as well, I don’t think it’s over quite yet. 

• Beer 1

Reading these posts is very entertaining.  Damn folks, grow some kahunas (unless, of course, you prefer being kahunaless).  All we are hearing is noise.  No need to react.  I am guessing Tomorrow--maybe even Wednesday before anything is done.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Here we go again. 

What exactly did Hurney do? What desires did he not carry out. The answer is none. Rhule didn’t want a real GM, because he made the all the decisions. And the cap guru who you said wasn’t there in 2020 actually was. So if anyone takes blame for the wasted money it’s him. What magical things did Fitterer do to make things better? Darnold trade/option, Signing two of the worst OL in the NFL(if they happen to be healthy) day one of FA, instead of taking the 14.5M guaranteed and got one good OL. Flexible on this OL just means the player can suck at multiple positions. That’s if Fitterer did anything at all. You don’t overpay one WR just because you think another might play well enough to have to pay. Especially after drafting a WR in the 2nd round. That’s ignorant. Maybe try saving it for the one that is actually good. Now they can’t give RA away. 

And a TE like Thomas can be signed anytime this summer. With no worry about comp pick formula. Not that his 5.5/yr would be around a 7th anyhow. The fact that you can’t see how bad that was is just par for the course. They burned a 3rd round pick on a TE last year but still felt the need to give Thomas double(or more) what he’s worth. 

All 5 win teams make mostly good decisions. What level of incompetence is required to say things might not be working out with the current coaching staff and front office. 

here we go again.

Every time i post, here comes toomers with the same old schtick.  Still hanging around for some reason Russian-bot style.  Regurgitating his greatest hits like it's some fresh take. 

I always try to couch my opinions and speculations as conjecture.  What is hilarious to me is that you are convinced you know so much more than the experts in the building.  

"signing the two worst OL in the NFL".  What is your criteria for this statement?  What is your background?  How many years of coaching NFL offensive lines are we talking here?  How many hours per week do you watch tape of every lineman in the NFL?  Are they good at pass blocking?  Run blocking?  What scheme do they fit?  What schemes have they played in the past?  Is the scheme where they had the most success the same scheme the coach and OC want to run?  What other FAs might be available?  How much money can we devote to the line this year?  What does the draft look like this year?  Will there be any help there?  What other teams will need the same sort of guys we are looking for?  what is the market like?  This is the tip of the iceberg.  There are probably hundreds of pieces of data they are looking at that I don't even know about. 

And why is flexibility a bad thing.  You know guys get hurt right?  This is tackle football.  How often does an NFL offensive line remain intact for a full season with no injuries?  If your assets are limited, flexibility is important.  Only on the huddle is flexibility a negative.  A guy that can play guard and slide over to center in a pinch takes up fewer roster spots. Your solution - take all the money paid to two flexible players and give them to 1 guy that can only play one spot.  Pray he never gets hurt, even though he's running around at 300 lbs and is forcefully running into another and wrestling another 300-pound human being 45 times a game, 17 games a year.  If he does get hurt, too bad, because there is no more money and no one else that knows how to play in that spot.  The very thought that a guy that is capable of playing more than 1 offensive position can't be any good is some special stupid.  

And now you're putting decisions on which free agents to target and how much to pay them on the cap guy?  seriously?  come on dude.  get it together.  

Bottom line, Rhule has certain types of guys he likes and wants on his team.  But he doesn't know everyone in the NFL.  He has to rely on his GM and support staff to find these guys and bring them in using whatever assets are available.  I don't think Hurney was doing him any favors with his incompetence.  I get a very different vibe from Fitterer.  

• Beer 1