• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Copy and paste the actual URL and people can click on the twitter link instead of a screenshot 

If tepper legit said this … we lose. I have a feeling this isn’t 100% true. I think tepper is gonna say it during his meet with Watson, but I don’t believe he said it to someone it’s Watson’s camp. Is he even allowed to talk to anyone associated to Watson during this period? Isn’t that tampering?

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

If true about Watson being able to pick the next head coach, it makes sense why Rhule wasnt at the press conference for the combine. That would mean Tepper is pushing all of his chips to the center of the table and betting on Watson. He has brought in veteran, experienced position coaches to help the incoming head coach. Which I am guessing would be Bieniemy. New coach, new QB, and 2nd year GM. As close to a fresh start as possible. But it would be an unusual thing to see a coach fired so late in the off-season. Between that and the Watson trade, the Panthers would be the talk of the NFL.

Bieniemy might be a stretch as this point. But it has the makings of Mcadoo at OC, Wilks could take over DC from Snow, and either of those two or Tabor/even Watson's old QB coach Ryan could assume HC duties and just run an actual NFL program

1 minute ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Honestly, if Rhule is fired after a trade for Watson - that would set a pretty bleak precedent. 

Not unless franchise QBs start regularly going on the trade block in their prime - which they won't. This is a once in a generation opportunity. 

• Pie 1