• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

13 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Not DW related but for anyone questioning @Vergeshe called Randy Gregory Dallas deal last night.

The only people questioning her are the ones who don’t want this deal done. She’s been too right on multiple things over the years to think she’s even remotely lying. And she never frames things as certainties. But she gives scoops before even media outlets do. 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not just those two dudes. It's a LOT more. You can't trade three 1sts and possibly more draft assets plus your two best young defenders. At some point the cost becomes too much to bear.

If you're willing to do the rest, you don't let one of those guys be your deal-breaker unless you don't really want to do the rest in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I expect the following dominos to fall once the trade happens:

Land DW
Sign Terron Armstead
Sign Cam Newton to a one year deal (insurance for suspension)
Sign Aj Klein, jack or littleton
Bring back Dante Jackson/Gilmore

If we do all that, we're a playoff team next year

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Personally hoping this deal falls through. This is not the way to build a franchise for long term success.  Or even short term success for that matter. 

This is a fairly unprecedented situation. When is the last time a 26 year old franchise QB demanded a trade?

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Personally hoping this deal falls through. This is not the way to build a franchise for long term success.  Or even short term success for that matter. 

Ohh it can absolutely be done. Rams haven’t had high picks for years. However, their organization is sound. They are good at drafting later rounds and finding free agents. Have Fit/Rhule proven that level of competence to where we can trust them in building a team like that? I don’t

Putting aside the moral implications of going after DW, if the deal is 3 1sts and Burns/Chinn, I'm ok with it. Besides #6, you're hoping the 1st next year is a mid-round pick (depending on length of a potential suspension) and the 1st in 2024 is a late round pick because DW is putting the Panthers in the playoffs. 

As much as I like Chinn and Burns, getting a franchise QB in his mid-20s with 10+ years of his best ball ahead of him is a price I'm gladly wiling to give up. At the end of the day, Chinn is a OLB/box safety and Burns is an edge rusher that gets abused in the run game. I think it's pretty easy to replace 60-70% of that production with other signings.

Edited by UNCrules2187