• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Alcoholic headcase that's battling depression.   Hard pass.   Why sign up for this headache?

There are football discussions and then there is this verbal diarrhea. People like you are why many others do not open up about depression. What a dick.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Alcoholic headcase that's battling depression.   Hard pass.   Why sign up for this headache?

Wtf are you talking about? Do you know the guy personally or something? We would all do well to not take what the media says as gospel.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I’m not either and based on our real talent level, taking a QB in 2022 if you think they are all meh is a problem. We aren’t a compete now team so either you think these guys can be franchise guys or not. Settling for Corral if you think he’s third best in a mediocre QB class is a waste of a 1st round pick. He doesn’t become a better QB because we got a couple day 2 picks to go with him.

There are two dumb things we can do:

1) Trade down to pick QB3 because QB1/QB2 aren’t better enough. To me you don’t pick a QB that you settled for, if you trade down and can still get Penning and day 2 picks, cool. Do not be a team that trades down to get a QB. We aren’t finding Russell Wilson.

2) Go QB in 2022 because we feel like we have to instead of adding more talent (not 1 year deal talent) and going all out in a better QB year.

Seems like we are willing to do 1) and that’s moronic and just gets us into the well, we tried Teddy, Sam and Cam and now Kenny, who’s next?

I genuinely can't look past Charles Cross at #6, regardless of who else is on the board. 

2 hours ago, Zod said:

Maybe. I think the Panthers may prefer taking Corral and getting a second and third rounder with the trade back 

Probably the least damaging plan if we're determined to get a QB.

Still would rather us go LT, but I'm resigned to the idea that we're getting a QB.

Got a feeling that they'll go the "safe" route and get Pickett, but he's got the lowest ceiling of any of them. He'll be ok and probably take the least development initially as a rookie, but he won't ever get much better.

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Still would rather us go LT, but I'm resigned to the idea that we're getting a QB.

Got a feeling that they'll go the "safe" route and get Pickett, but he's got the lowest ceiling of any of them. He'll be ok and probably take the least development initially as a rookie, but he won't ever get much better.

I just think they are really being transparent and desperate--that can't be a good thing on draft day.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

These types of posts always confuse me. That's what this place is for, to talk about football. If encountering differing opinions on football is so triggering for you, why bother with being here?

"Triggered" is a wee bit hyperbolic. Perhaps I could have used a more politically correct phrase than "beginning to sound like mouth breathers", I'll admit, but I stand by the fact that nobody ultimately knows which off these QBs will be the best, or how they'll compare to other players at other positions in this draft.

Within the discussion of football, there is also a place for moderation (excuse, the pun). 

I don't mind differing opinions at all, but I believe that people should actually base those differing opinions on something, and realize (not necessarily acknowledge) that it is an opinion and deliver it as such. 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Why do you feel like he won't get much better?

If he's taken this year he's going to inherit a much better situation than Darnold or any rookie would have had in 2021:, new and experienced OC, new O-lineman, and one of the best O-line coaches in football. Pickett has good arm strength & good athletic ability.

I can see how some can say a players physical abilities can limit their peak for certain positions (CB, RB, WR, etc) but I've never understood how someone (not just you) can say a "QB" cannot get any better". The great QB's get better because they learn the game and thing slow down for them on the field.

• Pie 2

I mean a team may want to trade up for more than just a QB. The LTs are ridiculous according to everybody, you have the best safety in a generation according to some, and you have some decent pass rushers and wide receivers. A trade back is not out of the question.

• Pie 1