• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which 2022 QB do you prefer?

Cdparr7

QB options-which do you prefer?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

• Trade-Jimmy G
    • Trade-Minshew
    • Trade-Mayfield
    • Draft-Pickett/Willis/Howell/Other
    • Resign- Cam
    • Roll with Sam Darnold

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Draft. Trade down to recoup some of the draft capital we've pissed away with bad trades and roll the dice on a QB.

Enough with this throwing resources at cast off vets. 

Issue with this is that I’d prefer not to lose out on a top overall talent if it’s not a QB at 6. We’d risk getting JAGs and a mildly promising QB in this scenario.  Fills the roster but you miss out on a for sure LT and I see a drop after Raimann/Penning.  So if a trade down, I’d like to hope we stay top 15.

Would love one with BAL at 14 (They may want Thib or Sauce) and maybe we land something like Zion/Raimann and Howell with the picks.

Out of the rest? Minshew. He could at least outlast Rhule. Jimmy G and Mayfield are essentially 1 year rentals that would acquire his stench.

• Beer 1

Posters like to say

1. ‘Keep Darnold’. I do not believe Darnold can be put under center …the players, from reports,  do not support him and when he is on the field, there is a total feeling of hopelessness with the fans and I suspect the players as well. 

2.   ‘trade down’…with who?  A team has to have a trade partner who wants to give up something to move up   What can’t be allowed to happen is giving away next year’s draft picks for this year 

3. ‘No QB in this draft is worth it’.   When you don’t have something, you desperately need, ‘worth it’, is in the eye of the beholder. 

4. ‘Tank for next year’.   Players have contracts with incentives as do coaches.  This isn’t going to happen.  Frankly, given the QB situation, it  May happen naturally who knows   However, as George Allen said, ‘the future is now’ the future, who knows the  state of the world, the league next year 

my feeling 
If a LT is there at 6, take him. one of the big 3 that is 
If a LT is not there, then try and trade down.  
If no trade partner, then take the highest ranked player on the board regardless of position 

post draft, sign whoever is available to a one year deal. A warm body, not named Sam Darnold needs to go under center 

Nothing like paying for a season that is ‘throw away’ in all likelihood 

• Pie 1

Trade Robby for Mayfield, trade back if you can pick up a 2nd rounder and draft best available LT in the 1st and best available WR with the 2nd. I think someone like Dotson from Penn St, Skyy Moore out of W. Mich, and maybe even John Metchie from Alabama... Mayfield on a 1 year prove it deal would be a chance worth taking. And we get rid of the biggest MOUTH on the team in the process.. 

Sam it up and ham it up. We'll be drafting around the same spot next year, Rhule will get the axe, Sam will get the boot, and the LT we draft this season will have a solid year under his belt to protect our future QB starting in 2023. We've been losers almost every season we've been a team. You can stomach another easily. Don't panic and draft crap. Don't mess up the cap and bring in yet another QB. You're NOT good enough of a team to win it all anyway ... so don't try to convince yourself that you are.

Depends what the Eagles want for Minshew - Day 3 pick and I'm all over it.

My ideal offseason would be Cross at #6, trade for Minshew and trade back up for Strong. 

That gives you a stronger OLine that we fielded in 2021, two QBs competing for the starting job and a very promising development guy. 

• Pie 1

I would prefer to wait for next year address our long-term QB solution.  We'll almost surely have a new coach and it would be nice for him to have a say.

I think what will happen is we will move back 3-5 spots and select Pickett.  He will be given a chance to start at some point, but I believe he will eventually be a solid #2.

With the 2nd we pick up, we'll draft an OT (Raimann or Tyler Smith) or a DE (Mafe or Ebiketie).  The rest of our picks will be TE, G, LB/S, WR.

Huddle will implode.

Ridder: 9 game winning drives and 6 losses. Took a mediocre team and coach and turned the program around in game 1 as a freshman before they even had a defense worth talking about. That defense took shape under Ridder's leadership in his Junior year.

When a college QB's GWD>L you better take notice. This is not typical and you can go 5+ years before you see another one. This draft has 3 QBs that are tested and proven as game winners/leaders. They will translate to the NFL. The last draft with multiple QBs like this was 2012. Ridder is my #2 of the 3.

Tom Brady had 8GWD and 5L at Michigan. No one listened to me then and dismissed Brady while the Panthers rode with Steve Beuerlein and Jeff Lewis. I wanted Steve Beuerlein, Tom Brady, and Dameyune Craig in 2000. Brady was the 5th QB I targeted in the draft as a franchise QB for the Panthers since 1995.

I don't think the flash and cash crowd will ever stop putting QBs who can't cut it in the NFL at the top of the draft while ignoring the championship leader who has proven in college that he can make the in game decisions needed to win when it matters.

Malik Willis has 1GWD and 6L. Pickett has 1GWD and 5L in the last 2 seasons (6GWD and 20L in 4 seasons). Sam Howell has 1GWD and 11L in the last 2 seasons (3GWD and 17L in 3 seasons). This level of production is bad in the NFL. It is horrible in college. QBs do not go from non-clutch 20% in college to clutch 40% in the NFL.