• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Told Y'all

I told you all that Willis was more than overrated. I said that he was probably a 4th round talent being hyped beyond recognition based on the easy competition he feasted on. In general, I'm fine taking G5 QB's but they better perform when they play the big guys. Malik Willis was not that guy. He absolutely crumbled against both Ole Miss and Louisiana this past season and was one of the worst QB's when under pressure in all of college football, by passer rating.

We dodged a bullet. We got a guy that is, in a way, reminiscent of Drew Brees and his quick release and short to intermediate accuracy. His mobility is similar to Darnold but hopefully his head isn't filled with ghosts because our offensive line is about to finally allow us to possibly make a playoff run this season. 

I still want Grayson McCall in 2023. He is going to be a stud, BOOOOOK IT.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 3

I never bought the hype. I was just waiting for us to make the move on Corral (as I suspected we would and hinted at all offseason). The only QB I thought had a possibility to wreck my thinking was Pickett (if the FO was desperate). Well...I got a wee bit concerned when I heard about thee Howell dinner, but I thought that they thought Corral wasn't going to be available. Willis was never the right fit.

It is official.  We have it on the books.  Poster named CPcavedweller on the carolinahuddle.com website did NOT like Malik Willis, and wants to remind others who visit the website.  He is also putting his unyielding support behind Grayson McCall to become a great QB.  

Edited by davos
  • Pie 4
  • The D 1
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Overrated as far as media perception vs how teams saw him? Yeah.

Overrated as an NFL player? That judgment is going to take a few years.

Additionally, another Huddle “hot take” favorite, Carson Strong, didn’t even get drafted. If I remember correctly, some wanted to trade down in the 1st and take him with that lower 1st round pick.

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Additionally, another Huddle “hot take” favorite, Carson Strong, didn’t even get drafted. If I remember correctly, some wanted to trade down in the 1st and take him with that lower 1st round pick.

Well to be fair, I don't think anybody foresaw the massive drops all the quarterbacks made in this draft.

Kudos to Verge for correctly predicting Strong might go undrafted though...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1