• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chances Matt Corral starts Week 1

Chances that Matt Corral is the starter Week 1  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What is the chance that Matt Corral is the starter Week 1

• 75%-100%
    • 50%-75%
    • 25%-50%
    • Less than 25%

Let's see if he can run the whole offense day 1 or whether it has to be severely restricted to what he can run due to being a rookie. Whether you like it or not, Sam or PJ running our complete offense is an upgrade over Corral if he can only run a chopped down version of the offense.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

No chance. Even if Darnold bombs the first couple of games or Corral wins the preseason super bowl, I don’t see him starting until at least game 5. 

Rhule is hesitant to ruin guys throwing them in too early. In the interview he specifically said while it’s tempting, sometimes you hold back because throwing someone in there ruins players.

In addition we all see what he did with BC. I mean a mini traffic cone could’ve been better but he still wasn’t really put in until late. Not only cautious, but OVERLY cautious.

And while I disagreed with that, I do not think Corral should start day one. It’s not all about physical ability or even meshing with the team, I think he needs time to master most of the playbook, because limiting plays because he’s in will definitely affect his growth.

We don’t have a mastermind HC ala Belicheck/Mac situation.

• Beer 1

Ok, so Fhule should decide. We got Icky but we didn't even really get to see what Brady Christensen had to offer until way late and Rhule admittedly said that may have a mistake.

Trusting Rhule to evaluate QB readiness is lol. Remember he kept Sam from playing in the preseason, coddling the dude. The NFL has long figured Sam out and will put him in situations they know he can't handle.

Time to move on from past mistakes and embrace the future by commiting to your new franchise QB. THAT will show Corral that you are serious about reaching his potential.

All this coddling guys want to do thinking they're saving Matt from football is ridiculous. He'll learn more, get up to speed, getting reps not watching Sam.

Edited by rippadonn

If we are losing games… you gotta find out how he gets on otherwise it would be a complete waste of a pick. So second half of the season makes most sense to me. If Sam starts well, wins games, there no point in starting him as Rhule will be back with Fitt and they can assess him behind closed doors.

However we can’t forget how bad Sam was/is, he was just as bad with a clean pocket as he was without. So a better OL probably makes little difference. Unless Corral is so clearly not ready we may as well let him take his lumps behind probably the best OLine we will ever have.

He’s a smart kid and he knows the mental aspect is the most important part of playing QB. He seems to have a strong work ethic and all the physical tools. 

I honestly think he’s more intelligent, a better athlete, and a better leader than Sam. Plus we need to know what we have in him before next years draft. I’m hopeful that he will win the job by end of TC

Edited by jfo89

32 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Chances that Matt Corral is the starter Week 1 :

About equal to the chances that Raine Michaels' boobs are natural....

Odd comparison.

Okay, so an internet search of her boobs, every website that tracks plastic surgeries say straight up, no, the boobs are real while stating unknown for other surgeries. In pictures, I can't find an actual topless pic unfortunately, but to me some bikini shots they appear 100% real while others look 100% fake. The web does say she is considered by some as a plus size model, which would lend credence to the boobs are real theory.

This was a cool distraction from work though, so thanks for that.

🤷‍♂️

• Pie 1