• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It will as to who is behind him.  If Mayfield is the guy, having a backup in place for a few years solidifies things.  That backup is not named Sam Darnold or PJ Walker after this year, unless we like basically throwing in the towel when Mayfield is not available.

It is for this year and that's all that matters to thos staff..

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

call me Nostradamus

The knock on corral coming out of the draft was that he wasn’t built for the nfl physically. Didn’t take long to confirm that. 

the whole thought process behind it being the olives fault, or the coach’s fault is short sighted. He would have taken that same hit regardless of the people in front of him

at some point in his career. MC should focus on using the season to gain size and insight from baker and sean Ryan. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And if they cut PJ and only keep 2 QB.. Do you post a thread saying wrong you are..

I won't, but I wouldn't mind them cutting pj, I don't see a way they don't run with 3 though.  I stand by that the coaching staff wanted a way to not have to keep corral on the active roster, they did not want him taking up a roster spot and the injury was the excuse needed.

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I'm at a loss trying to understand the consternation here. 

I certainty don't want to see Corral hurt, but this is probably the best thing for the team this year.

PJ will be traded or probably just cut (although I think he will be on the PS if no one picks him up)' we roll with Sam and Baker, and Matt gets a redshirt season.

Best part is hopefully we only keep 2 QBs and have that valuable roster spot for another group. 

I'm still excited about Corral long term.

But this is Baker's team in terms of QB. If he doesn't perform, there's no one else going to save this team

Nobody was trading for PJ anyway, but after last night...

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I doubt this injury.  I think it is a move by Rhule to save PJ from being cut.  For whatever reason Rhule did not want Corral to see action this year.  It showed in his treatment of Corral from the get go.

If we end up in the top of the draft we will draft another QB and have wasted a 3rd round pick for Corral.  

Rhule has turned this franchise into a freaking circus. 

I like how literally everything that has happened so far has shown Rhule's handling of Corral was correct, and still its turned into a way to bash him.  Corral wasnt where we as fans hoped he would be right now and it's as simple as that.  

• Pie 2

Just now, Tr3ach said:

I like how literally everything that has happened so far has shown Rhule's handling of Corral was correct, and still its turned into a way to bash him.  Corral wasnt where we as fans hoped he would be right now and it's as simple as that.  

Absolutely nothing that has happened so far has shown Rhule's handling of anything is correct.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I'm not aggravated, you're just not making any sense. The math just doesn't add up to us having to keep all three of the guys you mentioned and realistically the only one that I think we keep is Elf. If they do decide to keep either Daley or Erving, it'll be one or the other but not both, and I don't think they keep either, there's no reason to unless you think they're going to keep like 11 lineman and that's just nonsense.

Elflein isn't going anywhere now that Bozeman is dealing with an ankle injury. Erving maybe but for some reason Rhule seems to like him. So that leaves Daley as the odd man out which should be the case based on how awful he was last year.