• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone else think we could win the South?

Stuart Smith

It is definitely possible. The last two years injuries specifically to CMC have derailed the offense and we didn't have the depth or the qb to compensate. We may have that now as well as a few additional pieces and Baker the playmaker. Our defense will be good although not dominant and with a good offense that can score late we might be able to win more of those one score games we lost. But Tampa has to take a big step back. They embarrassed us last year and it wasn't close.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1

I mean anything is possible in sports.  I didn’t think the 03 or 15 teams were special going in.   We also won the division once with 7 wins. 

so you can’t rule anything out in sports.  It’s why we bother watching them. 

but I wouldn’t bet a single dollar on it 

• Beer 1

Anything is possible. 
Bucs have Brady so I think they’ll be fine and they still have that defense. 
Saints new coach is terrible (No idea how he got another head coaching job after the sucked at his last try) and is pretty much trying to copy Payton so they could either be good, mediocre or bad. 
Falcons are a gonna be bad, but watch me be wrong and they will 8-9 games this year. 

Panthers could win anywhere from 4 to 12 games so winning the division could happen. 

CMC is back, new QB, help on the O-line and the rest of the NFCSouth has more questions in it than we've seen in a decade. We certainly have the possibility of it.

It is going to come down to coaching. I want us to win and win big this year, but Rhule and Co. really need to prove themselves. If they can't and the situation is this favorable for them to, then it was never and will never happen for them.

The fruit is ripe and hanging low on the tree. Don't screw this up.

the big lebowski drinking GIF

Sure. Could happen if we had a time machine and went back to fire Rhule this year and hired a great staff.

Even with any given Sunday applied I have a hard time beliveing this. It's like CMC staying healthy or the run D being able to stop the worst run teams in the league, it doesn't look good unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Monrowed said:

The other division opponents would need to perform worse than expected. 
At worst Tampa is a seven win team, New Orleans is a six win team and Atlanta is a four win team.
Carolina at best is a 9 to 10 win team. So is it possible…? Yes, but the Panthers will have to hope that things fall their way with the offense playing with a lead a majority of the game(especially at the end) and the defense performing similar to what they did last year.

I mean anything can happen.  Brady could get blasted the first game and be out for the season.  The NFL is so unpredictable year after year, and there is always regression to the mean.  There are always surprise teams that nobody expected to do well, that make a run in the playoffs.  We've got a lot of talent on the roster, and they seem hungry and to have the right attitude.  All of it is gonna hang on Rhule, and if he can put his big boy pants on.  I'm excited though. 

• Beer 1