• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robbie Anderson: Fans shouldn't bring negative energy

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Stadium could be flat empty every week and NFL owners are still raking $$$ in.

Packed houses aren’t a money thing (though owners are glad to take the money), they’re an IMAGE thing.

True, the TV deals bring them in a ton of money. That being said, I imagine that Tepper (like most stupid rich people) is a narcissist and having an empty stadium or other team's fans taking up most of the stadium would have to be humiliating for him

40 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

There’s a healthy amount of players in that locker room that are employed because of Rhule so this isn’t surprising 

And we never hear the ones who actually matter support him or ever really see the direct interaction.

Can't tell you if I've ever even seen CMC or Chinn talking to Rhule.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Yanno, for a hot minute in the opening game, Robbie was killing it out there.

Since then, well, not so much.

Good ol' Robbie, he's reliably consistent.

When he caught that long bomb pass I thought,”Well there is Robbie’s contribution for the year.” 
He always seems to get on long catch per season and then nothing for the rest of the season. 

• Pie 1

I mean whatever is going on, there is certainly a toxic under current with what's happening with this franchise.  I think it comes from the top.  When the team goes around and starts wasting taxpayer money on projects that it bails out on, on top of a nine game losing streak and a 5 year playoff drought the fans should be pissed.  If you think the media and fans are going to excuse that along with losing....not gonna happen.

There are only two reasons that even remotely make sense for Tepper to keep Rhule.  The buyout being number one.  Secondly,  maybe you don't want to give off the vibe to the next coach that he will be fired after a season if he doesn't produce the results in the first year.  

Whatever the case may be, legit coaches don't need 3 years to turn around a franchise.  Every team has players.  The talent gap is not so big where we can't see marked improvement almost instantly with a new coach.  

With our previous two coaches we saw almost instant turnarounds.  In 2002 we started Rodney Peete and went 7-9 with a first year head coach and went to the Superbowl the following year.  With Ron we saw the team improve it's record the first year, then the playoffs, then a crescendo to a Superbowl.    

Long story short, because of the parody and the salary cap, a traditional long term "let's build the foundation" approach is archaic and a waste of time.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1