• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This NFL season is so weird and flukey that I wouldn’t be surprised if we did turn things around and make a wild card run..

I can totally see what you said happening. It will be some sort of ridiculous stupid fluke that saves Rhule's job and forces us to endure another year of this moron and his piss poor for coaching. This would be right up our alley of how things go with this team and we can then end up just delaying Rhule's departure another year or two so all our heads can explode with anger and frustration. But of course this will give more time for Rhule to keep his "process" in place as its all going as planned and this is all a part of his moron process. So yes, this now has jinxed us and this probably will happen book it! Ugh

7 hours ago, panthersgreenville said:

I just went and looked, remember that “omg, the hardest schedule ever!!! talk” we kept talking about at the start of the season?!? Well get this, only ONE team (yes, just one)  on our entire schedule are above .500.  Which one is it?

The Broncos, I mean obviously they have the $250 million all guaranteed GOAT at QB, so it HAS to be them right?!  WRONG!  Oh, duh, Tom Brady led Bucs, right?! Guess again.  Wow, ok the Rams?! Or I know, the Bengals! Has to be the Bengals?! Or no, scratch that, the 49ers or the Ravens!! I mean one has Lamar Jackson and the other upset Aaron Rodgers last year and made the NFCCG!! Nope, nada and negative to all of the above.

Its.. The Giants!! Yes, believe it or not, that impossibly tough schedule we were originally talking about, so far it’s the lowly Giants who are at 3-1 while all other “elite teams” are just one game above us in the W/L department.

I have to say, while yes we are completely inept team that can do nothing right aside from ok defense, this season is so weird and flukey, it wouldn’t totally shock me if we magically went on some run to finish 8-9 and make the wild card or something. 

d2b86ec8-f6e8-4d13-9b1d-2e8d1231da15_text.gif

6 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

“a Rhulean level” 

I like that. I may have to steal that sometime.

Rhulean (adj.) - referring to someone or something of incompetence at the highest degree

Example: Donald Trump’s approach to the US presidency was Rhulean.

Ignoring the mess in front of you to pick on the last guy who was better at running things is Tepperean.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here's the bad news. Every Rhule team had played it's best football in the first third of the season and gotten progressively worse over the course of the season. We're playing our best football right now, as sad as that may be.

yeah people point to 2013 starting 1-3 which makes no sense at all because Rivera's teams always played some pretty dominant football down the stretch (until 2018 and 2019). Rhule's Novembers and Decembers have been absolutely pitiful, there's nothing at all to suggest things will get better this year. More likely to get worse.

• Beer 1

NFL is crazy and even after I told the huddle the panthers were 12th in scoring, it took watching the turdays game to see nearly half the league is struggling to score points.

O BTW here are the two best QBs *thus far

download.jpg.a838704d96b947694c634c820213d629.jpgdownload.jpg.22b75c5991d4bc511d42b9dfdb42b5ea.jpg

go figure that out and get the answer to me....

• Flames 2

I was watching the infamous MNF game from 2013, where we also started 1-3 that year. The into highlights a story that really got me thinking about how we turned that season around and whether we could catch that same kind of fire. 

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxOb3vLEYAGXuFpI83T3DpUwhC43yVYO73

I ask you, who on this team has the standing in the locker room to "put the fear of God" into this team? We've been excited about being one of the younger rosters the past few years, but who is in a position to galvanize this team like Smitty did in 2013?

2 hours ago, Purrnicious said:

I ask you, who on this team has the standing in the locker room to "put the fear of God" into this team? We've been excited about being one of the younger rosters the past few years, but who is in a position to galvanize this team like Smitty did in 2013?

It would have to be an Offensive player... as that's were our problem lies. If it was a defensive player to do it though... it would most likely be Shaq. 

Who it won't be via everything I've seen from there personality: 

Sam, Robbie, DJ, Moton, Elfien, Chubba, Ian, Tremble, Baker... etc 

Almost 90% of our attitude, atleast vocally is on Defense. Closest we have to filling that void on O:  McCaffrey.

Gotta say though, it would make for a heck of a story if it were DJ. But I just can't even fool myself into believing he'd do it. His demeanor is too nonchalant imo.. which is why I'd love for it to be him. I feel like Robbie has the passion to say it but nobody would take him serious enough. 

Smitty was/is just an entirely different beast. He used straight up fear to get that point across. The answer is not on the roster. Hell ...bring 89 back as a coach and let him do it again.