• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you like to see CMC on the Bills?

Jmac

For a 1st? Sure. He is the glitter in this turd of a year. He could be a great RB but he isn't here. He also isn't worth multiple 1st. Guys on IR multiple years in a row is a player no team should spend multiple 1st on.

Still have to wait until next week at the soonest.

Edited by Waldo

No.

If we are to bring in a hot young offensive minded HC he will need all the weapons possible. I would love to see what a creative mind could do working him mostly from the slot.

Bills would want roi and run him into the ground, this would probably be his last productive year in that case.

1 hour ago, PantherBoy95 said:

Would love to see CMC here on a premier offense, with a functional system.

fixed. hopefully this can come about next year.

i've got no interest in seeing CMC anywhere else. 

just like i had no interest seeing cam anywhere else.

• Pie 2

40 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Because he hasn't done anything in years and the compensation would help to alleviate the shortcomings you've pointed out.

Not suggesting trading away all best players. Just the running back.

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Leads the team in rushing/receiving, where the fug have you been? 

50 minutes ago, jbland said:

If I had faith in CMCs ability to stay healthy I would agree but I don’t. 

Every player on every team in every game on every play has a chance to be injured. You can't play the game and be worried about that.

Also, his injuries were not long-term debilitating ones or wear and tear ones. I both seasons where he was shut down, there was absolutely no reason to bring him back as both were already lost causes.

53 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Because he hasn't done anything in years and the compensation would help to alleviate the shortcomings you've pointed out.

Not suggesting trading away all best players. Just the running back.

74.5% of our offense in the last game. Dude, he isn't just the best player, he may be the only player we have.

Give him up and we've got what to build around? What tools do we have on hand to entice a decent new coach?

Do you think we can just draft another guy who can run, catch and block, knows the entire route tree and gives 100% on every freaking play whether he's being sent up the middle, playing slot receiver or blocking blitzers?

Really, man. 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know that I was enough of a CMC fan to have attached myself to him to continue following him actively after he isn't a Panther(assuming he get traded prior to Nov. 1). I think the giant contract, subsequently him being very injury prone and then this terrible era of team football have robbed a lot of us of being able to appreciate him for what he was/is.

If he sticks around, stays healthy and we get a functional offense again, I could see that eventually happening. 

So if he was a Bill in two weeks, I am not sure it would make me any more or less likely to watch them play. I don't pine after them as a second team like some do.

Exactamundo! I saw him listed in a top 5 of all time Panthers list on Twitter like three times and I was like hell naw! I know everybody has their different motivations, but c'mon. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

Probably just a matter of time before they trade him. He is still a major force and a contender would be crazy not to take a shot.

I will hate to see him go, but his talent is being wasted here (just like Cam). By the time the Panthers become a constant contender he will be worn down to a nub at the rate he is going.

The Bills would be my choice. S.M and Beene have built quite a team. You get a snapshot of what the Panthers could have been.

Bonehead moves have put us behind the eight ball as usual. 

What the absolute fug? Would I LOVE to see CMC on the Bills? I'm not a Bill's fan. I'm not a CMC fan. I'm a Panthers fan. 

As soon as we get a real coach in here and I'd have to assume CJ Stroud, having CMC will be like a wet dream again man. Calm your tits down.

The only player I wanted gone was Robbie(y) and walla, he's gone. Bippity boppity disappear DRAMA QUEEN. And poof, he's gone.

If a team is not going to give up at least a first round pick, CMC is not going to be traded. And I agree with that. From an ESPN Insider article posted this morning:

Defensive end Brian Burns and defensive tackle Derrick Brown have garnered the most interest, but most people in the league I've talked to are skeptical Carolina would move off ascending former first-rounders who could serve as building blocks for a new coach. It would take massive hauls -- first-round picks and more -- to pry away one.

People from those same teams say running back Christian McCaffrey is available, under the right terms. "They want a lot," a high-ranking AFC personnel man said. Think a first-round pick or more. Linebacker Shaq Thompson could be available, too.

Edited by UNCrules2187