• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Packers tried to trade for DJ Moore...

Mr. Scot

You need WRs, OL, PRs, and obviously a QB. I imagine it would take a lot to move a young talented player at any of these positions. LBs, RBs, TEs can be replaced by a serviceable player for pretty cheap. 

We have our OL set, a young talented WR and one that’s starting to flash in TMJ, a young talented PR in Burns, and an anchor in Brown. Chinn and Horn come in and give us talent at all levels of the defense (assuming we eventually get Chinn back at LB). There is no need to strip this roster down. Just add a young QB in the draft and develop him. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

Looking at how WR contracts are structered, idk why ppl want to get rid of D.J.

really good deal for the talent level.

Before the contract, I would have been ok with a trade.  Assuming the compensation was enough.

Now that we've traded CMC and Robby and DJ is extended, I really don't see the point.  We need somebody on offense for a QB to throw to.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm not sure if the tweet for a second was for Claypool only or all of them.  DJ is far more valuable than a 2nd and I am glad we didn't trade him for a 2nd.

Has to be just about Claypool, that’s Green Bay’s FO trying to make it look like they made the same offer Chicago made and it’s not their fault that they didn’t get him.

2 hours ago, theinstrumental said:

Has to be just about Claypool, that’s Green Bay’s FO trying to make it look like they made the same offer Chicago made and it’s not their fault that they didn’t get him.

The second round pick was for Claypool but the Steelers felt the Bears second round pick would be a higher pick than the Packers so they went with that. Plus, I love Justin Fields, but no offense.... Claypool would look significantly better with Rodgers throwing to him than Fields. If he plays up to his potential it looks like fair value for Chicago and Pitt. If he boomed under Rodgers the Steelers would look like they got robbed.