• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say what you want….

TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

That Detroit game is starting to look like our biggest test left

As long as the Bucs lose to the Bengals, then we can lose 1 game that isn't the Bucs and still win the division (assuming the Falcons don't win out).

The good news is Goff has been pretty awful on the road. If we were @Detroit, I would be very worried

2 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Keeping Wilks as head coach or not is a debate worth having. Keeping McDooDoo in any capacity on this team is not - honestly, this bum should have been shown the door when we canned Fatt Fhule.

It's a shame the players had to spend all summer learning his ridiculous textbook of plays just to run the ball 40 times a game because his RPO's and quick outs were a disaster. Usually it's tough to ditch your OC mid season but I don't think it would have set us back that far considering how we're looking. Wilks is basically thinking of what the opposing defense doesn't want us to do on offense and going with that game plan lol. 

1 hour ago, L-TownCat said:

They just said on TV we control our own destiny to win the South.

If we can beat Pittsburgh, TB loses to Cinci, and if the Saints beat the Falcons, we will be in first with a 1 game tie breaker over the Bucs and 2 games over the Saints and Falcons

7 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Keeping Wilks as head coach or not is a debate worth having. Keeping McDooDoo in any capacity on this team is not

Yup.

If we keep Wilks because we made it to the playoffs, then Wilks will have to be brave enough to fire the OC who helped him win the job without knowing who will replace him.

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we win out Wilks should get the job. But if we win out while basically minimizing the QB position McAdoo has to go. I just don't know if Wilks would have the guts to make that call.

If he gets us to 9-8 he has a good shot. Cause that's a turnaround for damn sure with the same players. Now the schedule isn't noteworthy other than the Bengals who blew us out. 

Considering he has never had the chance hard to know. He only got the zona job with Josh Rosen for 1 year and no year 2. Then Mayfield, Sam, PJ, and mcdodo here and a hole record from fhule. So if he gets the job, let's hope he can make a move there and not be stuck with poo again. He had our old friend Mike McCoy as OC to start (who was fired mid season in Denver before linking with wilks in zona, only to fired mid season again), another poo OC.

Rather have kept Joe Brady over mcdodo. Joe might get there 1 day cause his opening scripted drives were fine. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, no matter if we like it or not, it's trending a certain way. I'm still highly skeptical of the way the offense is being run. Personally, I can't help but feel that ultimately we'll end up in a similar place within three years if Wilks is chosen, but I'll hope that I'm wrong and hope for the best. 

The offense is literally the oline. They are just fuging straight up mauling opposing teams. You can actually go pretty damn far with that even without a QB.

As I’ve drilled into the ground on this site, top oline is #2 commonality between super bowl and championship teams for the last 20 years. #1 being defense and #3 being an elite QB.

With that in mind, it’s really dumbfounding this franchise has neglected it as much as it has.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1