• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it OVER for Wilks????

polls  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Wilks so far

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
  2. 2. Do you want Wilks in 2023?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

7-17 record as a head coach. 

Any other corporate manager would be out of work with a 40% rate of success.

Only in the world of sports do a lot of unsuccessful managers keep getting hired by someone who thinks anything will change.

Sorry, less than 30% success rate.

Would you trust your financial manager with your money if his investment recommendations only panned out 30% of the time?

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Too early to say, so Tampa plays cincy tonight, if they lose and we win out we could still take the division.

I would like to feel that way but common logic forces me to realize that the Panthers are currently not a playoff caliber team.

I really wanted them to make the playoffs, but now it is becoming apparent it would be in their best interest to fogus on the 2023 draft and forget a playoff berth that seems to have passed.

13 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

No way to answer that question since its impossible to know how good they are until they actually play in the NFL.  Personally, I am not sure Stroud or Young will be good NFL qb's, although I would be willing to try if we got a chance to draft them.    I will say that if the guys that make the decision on who to draft decide a college qb is actually good enough to be a legit NFL qb, then we draft them regardless of whether we are picking first or 31st.  

just think that Montana wasn't drafted until the 3rd round. Brady not till the 6th or round. Mahomes wasn't drafted until the 14th pick. Allen was drafted at the 7th pick by Buffalo. So you can get a good QB after the 1st round. Remember Montana was too small to be drafted sooner.

14 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

No way to answer that question since its impossible to know how good they are until they actually play in the NFL.  Personally, I am not sure Stroud or Young will be good NFL qb's, although I would be willing to try if we got a chance to draft them.    I will say that if the guys that make the decision on who to draft decide a college qb is actually good enough to be a legit NFL qb, then we draft them regardless of whether we are picking first or 31st.  

6 minutes ago, cmichd08 said:

just think that Montana wasn't drafted until the 3rd round. Brady not till the 6th or round. Mahomes wasn't drafted until the 14th pick. Allen was drafted at the 7th pick by Buffalo. So you can get a good QB after the 1st round. Remember Montana was too small to be drafted sooner.

There is alot oh wrong in this post

Wilks is never gonna outscheme anyone

his mentality is were going to be the more physical and aggressive team and impose our will on you

The complete opposite happened today

absolutely killed in the trenches and manhandled at the line of scrimmage against a team with nothing to play for, in the most important December game in 5 years, at home

sorry Steve i was rooting for you but that’s unforgivable

• Pie 1

There’s a big gap between the worst and great. He’s probably the same middle tier coach we’ve always had who can’t get over the hump. If he can run the table to the divisional round, I’d love to hope otherwise. But that’s the trajectory I see right now.