• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if Stroud doesn’t declare for draft…

mc52beast

Yea, saw that story yesterday.  Not sure what his possible motivation might be to stay in school.  Not sure he can really improve his stock, but he sure could damage it or even get hurt.  I also saw another story about the QB competition at Ohio State say how tight it was.  Even in that story there seemed to be some question about Stroud leaving.

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Yea, saw that story yesterday.  Not sure what his possible motivation might be to stay in school.  Not sure he can really improve his stock, but he sure could damage it or even get hurt.  I also saw another story about the QB competition at Ohio State say how tight it was.  Even in that story there seemed to be some question about Stroud leaving.

Andrew Luck all over again?

Perhaps he is avoiding a particular team?

26 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Getting beat by Stetson and the Dawgs left a bad taste in his mouth. He doesn't realize that it's going to happen all over again. It will be Beck next time, and they won't have to come back.

Edited by top dawg
  • Poo 1

At first I didn’t think this was anything… until Marvin Harrison Jr’s deleted tweet. This might be a thing. And it’s A game changer for the draft. Which would actually be great for us. It takes the difficult out of it and ensures we get BPA or more pics this year. If we can’t have him… 

No idea why he would stay. I get hyping himself up, good move, but going back isn't going to help his draft stock and 4 million is a drop in the bucket if he can get a big 2nd NFL contract with even the rookie pay being well above that. If he was avoiding a team then just tell them 'no' like Eli did. Yeah he would get crapped on for it but going to a team that is a good fit and not a desperate loser mess is just good business IMO. 

The only good reason to stay would be if he thinks he’ll be an average or below QB in the NFL. If that’s the case, it makes sense to milk that Ohio state NIL before moving on to the pros where a big second contract (and playing time) isn’t guaranteed.