• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton

GOAT

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton  

225 members have voted

1. 1. If we hire Sean are you still a Panthers fan?

45 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I just gotta say, especially because I know if you’re posting on an internet message board, you’re one of the bigger fans of the team, nobody here is going to stop watching Carolina play if we get Payton. Especially once we start winning. 

This team has sat through failure after failure, this will not be the straw that finally breaks the camel’s back. Regardless of what is posted today. 

Yep. 

You post on this board, I consider you a diehard or atleast a solid fanatic. Whatever happens, most of us will be here come next year celebrating and/or b**tching about a move made. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Agree I am OUT if they gotta give up any first round picks. No thanks. 

if it's a very late first rounder, i'm not going to cry. just the fact that we were good enough to warrant a late first rounder would make it worth it, imo. if we're still picking in the top 10...then we got issues.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Your votes are public. Are you going to leave this forum, throw away your gear, and never come back even when he leads us to a winning season or super bowl? Go on record now. You can't come back when he turns things around and celebrate with us.

Go on record now in this thread for reference purposes.

Dude, posts like this are why the internet sucks. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You think Fitterer wants a guy who'll take full control just like Rhule did?

Joe Person mentioned that a Payton hire could see both Fitterer and Dan Morgan sent packing.

You up for that?

Why would that happen?  The Saints always had a good GM when Payton was there.  Mickey Loomis was there for a long time and they seemed to work together on personnel matters.  I imagine it would be the same type of deal here. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

What bugs me the most about the idea is what it would tell me about David Tepper.

We know Tepper is inept (Rhule). We know he is a bad owner (worst stretch in 30 years of history). We know he will make idiotic decisions or try (Watson). We know he refuses any help that will not coddle his ego (including his wife in decisions). We know he has absolutely no clue how this works (trying to interview GMs and then denied and laughed at because he already had one). We know wants money over player safety or respect (turf). We know he is a slimy snake (obvious hedge fund, but rock hill).

You’d have to be extremely naive to learn literally anything about this move. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

You can sue him in the state of NC for being a home wrecker. Would offer you a nice settlement to avoid court. This is a real thing in NC, a dude in Huntersville sued eagles DT Fletcher Cox for banging his whore wife and got paid. 

The way I feel after reading this is how I would feel if Sean Payton led us to any success.