• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

3 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I would seriously give my left pinky toe if this news dropped today. Let’s get started with our new, young, offensive minded coach and go full steam ahead on finding the next QB

Can’t realistically happen given NFL rules. Maybe a sourced report that’s he’s the front runner but we can’t actually hire him until the Eagles are out of the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I would seriously give my left pinky toe if this news dropped today. Let’s get started with our new, young, offensive minded coach and go full steam ahead on finding the next QB

Just heard Kyle Bailey show that Steichen may stay in Philly. Didn’t catch the source and at this stage it’s probably just hearsay but I’m just saying this could go either way. I still think it comes down to Wilks or Reich, unless a mystery candidate e.g. Nick Sirianni is out there. 

7 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

If we go with Steichen it could end up being one of those situations you see every so often when a team decides to hire a coach and there is an agreement between both sides, but it's an open "secret" until after the Super Bowl. Think Kyle Shanahan to the 49ers.

Yeah if we want him and he wants to be here, it will be done before he is out of the playoffs. Like you said, it doesn't have to be official.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Just heard Kyle Bailey show that Steichen may stay in Philly. Didn’t catch the source and at this stage it’s probably just hearsay but I’m just saying this could go either way. I still think it comes down to Wilks or Reich, unless a mystery candidate e.g. Nick Sirianni is out there. 

Great. Absolutely Greatgreat.

17 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Its going to be hilarious when he turns us down and goes back to Philly.

I don't think people realize our team isn't that attractive without a QB. 

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

As things Currently stand, we have interviewed the following:

• Steve Wilks
  • Jim Caldwell
  • Frank Reich
  • Sean Payton
  • Shane Steichen
  • Ken Dorsey
  • Mike Kafka
  • Ejiro Evero
  • Kellen Moore

The following have spurned us and we are now big mad at them:

• Ben Johnson
  • Demeco Ryans
  • Jerrod Mayo

We have requested interviews with the following but they have not happened yet:

• Kellen Moore (Scheduled Tuesday)

A Summary of the first thread:

• Fit said it would be a small pool of candidates*
    • *It was not a small pool of candidates
  • Wilks interviewed and no one knows for sure who he would hire as OC but Holcomb would stay as DC
  • We requested interviews from damn near everyone with a pulse who is a young up and coming OC
  • Ben Johnson, local hero, decided Detroit is better and will stay with the lions next year
    • Fanbase had a collected sad about this and now Ben Johnson sucks.
  • Harbaugh used us to get more money from Michigan
    • rippadon is big mad. Loves Harbaugh almost as much as Carson Strong
  • Wildcard Weekend happens
    • Stock up: Kafka, Ryans, Moore
    • Stock Down: Dorsey
    • No Change: Wilks, Reich, Caldwell
  • Sean Payton has entered the chat
    • Fanbase divided. Lines in sand are drawn. Buttholes across the fanbase pucker to the same shape as the one on Payton's face.
    • Speculation about speculating speculators regarding us hiring him.
    • We would have to give up more draft capital to get him than any other team since we are within the division
  • We interviewed some seasoned candidates like Vic Fangio to be the DC in the event we hire a young OC to be the next HC
    • Fanbase is collectively OK with this.
  • Tragic death of Anton Walkes of Charlotte FC temporarily pauses the search over the weekend
    • Props are given to Tepper for doing the right thing
  • Division Weekend happens
    • Stock up: Steichen, Ryans, Payton
    • Stock Down: Moore, Dorsey, Kafka
    • No change: Wilks, Caldwell, Reich
  • Broncos seem to really want Payton too. Payton is weighing his options between all available openings because he can.
  • Round two of interviews would happen next week.

A shorter summary of the search:

investigation we aint found shit GIF

Link to the last thread:

Please keep the discussions about the potential coaches, hirings, rumblings, stumblings, and bumblings.

Tweet Explaining the timeline of what can happen next:

1623087292986.gif.eac335c6815ae736f2c392f1cee3a9df.gif

Great post and move there ricky, the sleeper mod is ALIVE. 

14 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

If this happens and we're out on Payton then I say give Wilks 1 year with an extremely short leash. If we don't make the playoffs with at least 10 wins and maybe even with that if we don't win a playoff game, see what options are out there next offseason. Not a fan of the other OCs or Reich. Tepper really should've just taken a shot on Harbaugh. Proven guy like SP but arguably better, without having to give up any draft picks to the Aints. Oh well, it ain't happening.

• Pie 1