• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What exactly happened to Cam's shoulder? I remember with Jake it was Tommy "Jone" but is Cam's shoulder degenerative as well?

thunderraiden

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I will never understand how so many people love to talk down on Cam. Do people realize what he did for the Charlotte community off the field?

If nothing else you should respect him as a man off the field. Yeah he wasn't perfect but he literally put Carolina on the Nat'l stage. When people discussed the Panthers it was because of Cam Newton.

Why do we love to talk down on the only MVP in franchise history?

Cam is my favorite player in any sport all time. I miss him so bad bros.... 😪

14 hours ago, stan786 said:

Us playing him after he initially hurt it during that Chargers game when it was the end of the season with nothing left to play for drove me up a wall, then we waited to perform the surgery.

No surprise Vermillion is in prison, should have been arrested for what he cleared Cam to do.

no one talks about how a drug addicted pill popping animal was our head trainer for years. Rons bitch ass "ill have to talk to RV" like it meant ANYTHING. such clowns. It drives me crazy to this day.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, kass said:

Have tried to correct people on this for years.

The Watt hit was not the cause for the downhill of Cams career... 

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

He was listed as limited or DNP weeks before the Steelers game and his shoulder was already busted. 

After the Eagles game he didn't throw at practice before the Ravens game. This was 2-3 weeks before the Watt hit. (Edit: And he continued to be limited/DNP for the rest of the season)

His numbers did not even drop after the hit.. 

But the hit sure was visual.. so that's why people remember it, even thou it is the wrong conclusion.

I have to find the hit he took in the eagles game, I'm glad I'm not alone here, I'm telling you all the eagles hit is what did him in, TJ just finished the job

2 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

going Vegan is what did him in. Also funny you mention the eagles game from 2018... He took one of the nastiest hits on that shoulder during that game and no one ever talks about it cause Cam popped right up and kept on chugging along but I swear, that hit is what started it all, TJ just finished it off 6 weeks later.

At some point he got cautious about the injury risk and his attempts at mitigating it just made things worse. He was larger and more fearless in his early seasons and you have to be to pull off the kind of running he was doing.  He was also never good at sliding. Just got smaller and more scared as time went on

No football player lasts forever and the great ones never last long enough. I'll always think the world of Cam as a player and a member of the community. I hope he's having a great time and has enough money to keep him and his family going for the rest of his life.

But we, like he, have had to move on. He's a part of our history and we should make him a part of our heritage, too -- we need to carry forward that fearless swagger, that competitive nature and that  heartfelt love for his home.

• Pie 3

5 hours ago, DJ feed me moore said:

I have to find the hit he took in the eagles game, I'm glad I'm not alone here, I'm telling you all the eagles hit is what did him in, TJ just finished the job

I always thought he went into the season not being fully recovered.

Not sure how to record it, but I have access to all games on my International Gamepass. Any particlar hit/sack you want me to check out? I might be able to record it this weekend.

Last on this page are the full play by play
Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles - October 21st, 2018 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Edited by kass

i still think going vegan fuged him up

its ok for skinny white guy with a camara trying to feel like they are a good person, not so much for the wear and tear of an NFL season

throw in his bad mechanics and the shots he took to that shoulder..  game over

that one tackle he tried to make and then the TJ watt hit..  thats a wrap. 

I know that when Cam was healthy in his prime the Carolina Panthers were as good as anyone in the NFL for a brief window. I remember the 2015 championship game against Arizona so well. When fans entered the stadium we were given little strips of fabric with the Panther colors and logo on them. When my wife and I found our seats there was a sophisticated Gentleman and his entourage sitting near me, they were wearing the Cardinal Red. It was obvious from their demeanor they expected to win. After the game started and the Panthers were so dominant I was so proud of the panthers. The defense dominated, Ted Ginn played the game of his life. There were so many moments in that game that had the stadium rocking. To this day that remains one of the most memorable events in my life. Those moments are what I want to remember about Cam. I am glad he is financially secure and wish him the best. 

• Pie 3

19 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

It is a joke from like 10 years ago on the huddle when Delhomme got Tommy John surgery. Someone misspelled it as "Tommy Jone".

There is also the infamous "for peak's sake" mistype that caught fire.

Lovely pink flaps and I kissed her on the forehead.