• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young vs Stroud with links to their passing plays in 2022 games

panther4life

I want CJ Stroud but wouldn't be too upset with Bryce. I'd just be cautiously optimistic because of his size.

If the Panthers brain trust decides on Bryce instead of Stroud they clearly see something special with Bryce to take that risk of selecting him over a safer option in Stroud. Especially given what we know about what type of QBs Reich and McCown like. 

The most obvious signs point to CJ Stroud but I think there's a small chance they might convince themselves to take Young instead. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Beer 1

Anyone notice how basically all the Ohio state qbs almost for the last decade has put up basically the same numbers? Fields and Haskins basically had the exact same passing stats as fields and that passing didn’t translate to the nfl. 70% completion percentage, 40 TDs, 6ints. Hell even further back you still have pretty impressive passing stats.

so that’s a big red flag to me.

CJ Stroud is the only answer for me. I love the fact he isn’t a “RUNNING” QB. That style of play isn’t sustainable. He is good at going thru progressions and slight adjustments in the pocket. That’s what made Brady great. Being mobile with pocket awareness. Burrow had great WRs and he is balling in the NFL. And lastly, Bryce’s height and weight ABSOLUTELY is an issue. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I think Young processes incredibly quickly and is a bit more elusive in the pocket. I don't trust his deepball and his size is a concern for me. CJ might not process with quit the same snap imo, but he's still able to get through his reads and make the correct decision with plenty of quickness and he has outstanding pocket awareness without being quite as slippery. He also has an effortless throwing motion with a beautiful deepball.

CJ is who I want all day between the two.

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 1