• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Young, other top QBs have "odd" meeting with Tom Brady

Mr. Scot

Apparently it was a little...off.

From the article:

Delayed reaction: The whole thing seems a little odd.

The delayed reaction was bolstered by the video that emerged from the event, featuring Rubin, Brady, and Scott giving the four quarterbacks advice. The video was shot at an angle aimed at created a subtle impression that the participants didn’t know the cameras were on. (Spoiler: They knew.) Brady, as he speaks, comes off as if he’s talking to kids at least 10 years younger.

“When Trav, something goes wrong with Trav, or with Mike, with his company, right?” Brady told them. “With me, like, the only thing you can do is work harder, man. The only thing you can do is work harder. Like defeats can’t make you work less hard. I think that’s the point. Like when poo hits the fan, you’ve got to change the energy. You’ve got to put more into it, never less into it. . . . Be curious, be humble, and work hard.”

I’d love to know what Young, Stroud, Richardson, and Levis were thinking while they were being addressed as if they were middle-school day-campers. They’re grown men. They’ve been through adversity. They’ve achieved the highest levels of success at the second highest level of the most popular sport in the country. I think they know the importance of working hard and not giving up after a bad day.

Also, Rubin’s mega-company, Fanatics, just bought the American operations of the PointsBet sports book. Fanatics hopes to be operating sports books in 15-20 states by the start of football season. And here he is, cozying up to the top four quarterbacks entering the NFL for the 2023 season. Even as we become more and more desensitized to betting on football and other sports, the optics of four key NFL players visiting the home of the CEO of a sports book seem a little off.

• Pie 6

brady invested his money in tons of scams throughout the years, be it a fitness equipment company, supplements, crypto, or god knows what else. 

obviously the tb12 brand was just a way for the patriots to pay him under the table (1,000 dollar medicine balls etc) but the dude absolutely has an eye for getting scammed or scamming.

like he's trying to buy in to an nfl franchise and also holds a stake in an online betting company? I'd keep my players miles away from him. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5
  • Flames 1

On 5/20/2023 at 10:22 AM, SmokinwithWilly said:

Brady is an asshole. 

Never forget, without Tom Brady,the peasants are holding a Lombardi over our head 

Oddly enough he is also one of the reasons we don't have a suberbowl 

And the reason Tampa got another one 

On second thought, yeah your right