• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Panthers tight end Tommy Tremble is enjoying clean slate with new coaching staff

vorbis

15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That’s absolutely crazy that they didn’t teach the tight ends how to convert routes based on leverage, something that’s pretty standard in the NFL. No wonder we looked like a clown show for 3 years. If they didn’t do something as simple as that, just imagine what else the coaching staff didn’t do. 

Off the top of my head?

Win.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

33 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Good grief, the comments the players make about the previous staff just shows how truly out of depth Rhule and co. were.

There's the player's side and the coach's side, woth the reality typically somewhere in the middle, but I can definitely believe that Rhule and many of his staff were poor teachers of what they did teach. Those guys were outclassed weekly by real NFL minds and even just moving to Wilks brought immediate and noticeable improvements.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 4

Tremble was never a good route runner or catcher he was supposed to develop that.. got with the worst staff to do so and now he's at a crossroads I don't buy into too much of what these guys say about the previous coaching staff because when they were  here it was all love lol 

14 minutes ago, DennisM1 said:

Tremble was never a good route runner or catcher he was supposed to develop that.. got with the worst staff to do so and now he's at a crossroads I don't buy into too much of what these guys say about the previous coaching staff because when they were  here it was all love lol 

Thats how they are taught to conduct themselves, you are not supposed to throw your coaching or teammates under the bus. 

We all know Rhule was a fuging clown faced doofus, this is just more confirmation. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

There's the player's side and the coach's side, woth the reality typically somewhere in the middle, but I can definitely believe that Rhule and many of his staff were poor teachers of what they did teach. Those guys were outclassed weekly by real NFL minds and even just moving to Wilks brought immediate and noticeable improvements.

I agree.  Pretty obvious Rhule and company sucked but so did Tremble. Time to put up or force us to use a high pick on TE because this part is totaly b.s.:

While the squad signed veteran tight end Hayden Hurst to upgrade and lead the group, the team chose not to address the position in the draft.

“I think it shows that Frank trusts us,” Tremble said about the limited the roster movement at tight end.

• Poo 1

Tremble's first two years in the league are somehow better than Hurst's first two...maybe even, but whatever, not much difference.

1:  That is amazing, considering the coaching staff and QB play during that time.

2:  It's why I'm NEVER ok with drafting TE high....ever.  Just take too long to pan out.

• Pie 1