• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wow.

Zod

As I process not just a loss, but a continuation of the stink of failure, I think that Reich is part of the problem.  Not in a "fire him" kind of thing right now, but in the sense that the game has moved past him.  He's just not able to adapt because he's been doing the same thing and finding success for so long.

Somewhere, someone recently called Reich one of the NFL's best play callers.  Sure, maybe that was the case in the past in philly and indy.  But I'm not seeing that.  Week in and week out, for the past four weeks, we've tried to get our running game going off these RPO plays.  That's why we're always having minimal gains on first down.  Teams know EXACTLY what is happening.  Reich is not calling the right plays for this team.

Let's look at the OL play - another area of MAJOR concern right now that was supposed to be a strength.  The injuries have stunk, but this is the NFL and no one cares.  How do you help a struggling offensive line?  We did it last year and called it the Arby's Package.  Why did Icky look so much better last year?  Because he's a great run blocker - but as we can see, isn't there as a pass blocker.  Is Icky without talent?  No, but we're asking him to do something that he's not good enough to do yet.  Reich is not playing to the strength of this line.

I really loved the nostalgia of bringing Reich in.  I enjoyed the Panthers social media team.  I really want Bryce to do well.  I do love my team, but this is not right.  Sure, it's an injustice to the fanbase, to the community, and to the players.  But this offensive scheme does not match our players.  We need a thumper of a RB(trade), we need to have our OL push and lean on a defense.  We need to take a page from the book of Steve Wilks and run the MFing ball.

I'm not going to play the second guessing game because that's really easy.  There's more than enough of that in the forum.  The Panthers need to roll this back a ways, to the bygone era of 2022 and run the ball.  Reich needs to adapt before it's too late to salvage this season and his legacy.

• Pie 7