• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce defenders, please give me a reason why you're still hopeful

TN05

It is not Bryce's fault. This is on Nicole and Dave Tepper. 

We had no business selecting him at #1

His arm is not strong enough and he is not fast enough. His brain cannot make up those shortcomings at the nfl level. We have to have a steller OL and hella weapons for this to work.

TB 2.0 smdh

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

Are you seriously going to say you wouldn't swap those three for Thielen, Chark and Mingo right fuging now? Because you're absolutely high if you say no. 

I have no doubt in my mind that Mingo, Chark and Theilen would be putting up similar numbers in Indy 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

A few key penalties change that entire game. I'm optimistic that he'll learn from his mistakes. They were bad ones this time but I still see more good than bad from him. This loss was mostly on the linemen; Minshew was chilling back there and we had no answer for their pass rush.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Shocker said:

Stroud was phenomenal today but he had 3 receivers go over 100 yrds and Brown had 153.  There is no WR or TE that can do that here.

Their OL is better as well.  It’s apples and oranges 

That takes nothing away from CJ.  He doesn’t have a run game and he has been incredibly accurate just like everyone knew he was a OSU.

This is the answer.

Bryce was awful yesterday. Rookies have awful game.

But for the most part of the season, he’s been standing in front of a firing squad.

It amazes me with this fan base.  We have the same people who lost their sh!t for years because Cams OL.  Who went to town crying to the mountains how even elite QBs can’t even overcome bad OL.

Now we have a rookie QB 7 games in with an even worse OL, and we’re ready to write him right off.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It's his rookie year, he throws guys open and with anticipation often, he's tough for such a little fella, and he isn't the only thing that looks bad about our offense considering the line can't block, the running game is non-existent, the WRs can't get open and the scheme we are running is doing nothing to account for all of the above mentioned issues.

I'd have more confidence in Bryce's future if we cleaned house and hired a young up and coming offensive mind (like Ben Johnson from Det or someone similar) and fired Fitt, but if we keep this staff and that FO together after this season then I will have zero expectations that things will get better.

This

59 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This is the answer.

Bryce was awful yesterday. Rookies have awful game.

But for the most part of the season, he’s been standing in front of a firing squad.

It amazes me with this fan base.  We have the same people who lost their sh!t for years because Cams OL.  Who went to town crying to the mountains how even elite QBs can’t even overcome bad OL.

Now we have a rookie QB 7 games in with an even worse OL, and we’re ready to write him right off.

He's not good dude.  There is cope and there is insanity.  Not sure where you fall at the moment 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He's not good dude.  There is cope and there is insanity.  Not sure where you fall at the moment 

Even with our offensive play calling, OL, WRs and general lack of fight in this team...Bryce is tracking statistically in nearly every single category with other very legitimate starters in the league. 

Bryce and CJ each have a single game winning drive.

Bryce is sacked more than almost every QB in the league while having the lowest yards per attempted pass, and we know that's to do 100% with not having guys getting any separation because we've seen it on film again and again. 

Bryce hasn't been a world beater, but he's had a decent season all things considered. He's a rookie. Tua got the same talk early in his career that Bryce is getting now and he currently has thrown more TDs than every QB.

I'm gonna be honest, Bryce Young is one of those Heisman winners that typically historically got drafted in the mid-laye rounds after the NFL evaluates him and determines that he just doesn't have the necessary tools to translate to the NFL but a team takes a flyer on him on the long odds that he can still somehow translate that magic.

If Bryce Young played at Wake Forest he's a UDFA.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, lightsout said:

Are you seriously going to say you wouldn't swap those three for Thielen, Chark and Mingo right fuging now? Because you're absolutely high if you say no. 

You wouldn't even be talking about "those three" if not for Stroud. Houston was hot trash last year and the only reason they're even hovering around mediocre this year is purely bc of Stroud. Thielen and Chark were brought in as UPGRADES from last year and we somehow got worse with a #1 overall pick. 

11 hours ago, frankw said:

This post is peak cope. We lit Stroud up at BOA just a week ago. How did his OL and weapons help him? How did his defense help him?

Noah Brown his top receiver had barely 900 career yards over 5 seasons entering today's game.

You guys pretending he has a stellar cast are high af on copium. At least be upfront about it and stop trying to pass off this drivel as anything less.

This. People are name dropping the Houston WR's/TE's randomly like they're peak Randy Moss and Tony Gonzales. These dudes are scrubs and people wouldn't even know their names if not for looking to argue that Young is somehow better than Stroud bc of these scrubs. I'd take our WR/TE group over Houston's ANY DAY, the QB is the difference maker.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1