• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank back to calling plays

DJ feed me moore

We showed last year that this Oline can be a top unit in the league being a power running team. Then we hired an "offensive guru" who decided that he should completely change the whole philosophy. I wouldn't be as upset if Reich was taking over a complete poo show and he was just trying to do things his way to see if it sticks but Wilks had us running a pretty respectable operation late in the year last year and instead of choosing to build upon that and embrace what we showed we were good at he changed everything. The worst part is that even though through 10 weeks of the season it's shown to not be working he's not went back to the power running plays we know this team excels at. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The stats...

Frank Reich didn’t even let Thomas Brown call a preseason game.  Frank let him come on late when the future insurance salesman were on the field. 

Dumb management on his part. A green OC is like a rookie QB.  They need reps.  They need time to grow and learn.  

But that’s also one of many reasons I don’t think Frank wanted to turn playcalling over when he did. His reasoning was always bologna. Which he sort of concedes in reality.   Think that is/was Tepper pressure.  And that is when Frank was also conceding a hands on owner was displeased and in his ear. 

so it didn’t work.  Now Frank gets to say, see it wasn’t me being bad.  A green OC who never even called a preseason game was worse in a tiny sample size.   It’s a clown show. 

3 hours ago, Growl said:

I don’t even know why we’d be comparing Young to Dalton, the two are at completely separate points in their careers.

the only people who want that are coming from the angle of “we need to see if it’s Bryce fault so he can be criticized!”

what does that accomplish? The team isn’t waging a debate with you. They’re proceeding as if he’s going to be the QB for a while. The goal is to help him develop, not throw meat to people who are out to see him fail. They aren’t evaluating, they’re developing.

he’s going to be the QB here next season. 

Yea it's a pretty silly argument but when Carolina Panthers Football is your only source of entertainment in your life it's kind of hard to hide that you're just a miserable person and it actually has nothing to do with Bryce Young or Panthers Football. That's all I gather from their strawman arguments

6 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Yea it's a pretty silly argument but when Carolina Panthers Football is your only source of entertainment in your life it's kind of hard to hide that you're just a miserable person and it actually has nothing to do with Bryce Young or Panthers Football. That's all I gather from their strawman arguments

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he knows his days are numbered.  It's a panic move.

I don’t see that. As far as panic, I mean. He has been through this just last year.

Hate to see it come this way but it is an example of a person who sees himself maybe repeating a mistake. Kind of catches himself and says wait a minute…. 

Like the guy who has been trying to please everyone and realizes he can’t. 

Rick Nelson ‘Garden Party’ 

Edited by stratocatter