• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Frank our worst head coach?

Panthers Fan 69

Frank was TOAST when he came here as a coach, he needed to take a year or two off before throwing his hat into the coaching ring. I get it, money grab, don't blame him, he and his kids are set for life. He's a nice man, revered in Buffalo but hands down the worst X's and O's coach in Panther history

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

I have a hard time calling the unfortunate guy who happened to rudder the worst team we've ever assembled our worst coach. To me, the worst coach is someone who squandered a talented roster or missed a window of opportunity. This team, this year had no chance of being successful, and failing to live up to even the low standards we should have expected is still hardly the most egregious crime. Frank will be out least memorable coach, but on the grading scale, I'm forced to give him an "I" for Incomplete.

100%

I don't think I'll ever forgive Ron for what he did to Cam. And the talent he had on defense was friggin criminal - mainly because that's where he invested all the resources. 

The fact that this team keeps getting QBs without being able to protect them is... weird. Just NFL average is what I'd like from an oline. Not Philly or Dallas. Just average.

All of the coaches, besides 1, actually cared about winning. Frank as good as he was portrayed actually wanted the panthers to lose, otherwise they would never fire him. It was his hope the moment after Bryce got drafted. Playing your ass off for a coach that wants to lose so he can be fired is F’ed up. 

Fox, Rivera (with Gettleman), Wilks then everyone…. And then Frank. 

• Flames 1

5 hours ago, Navy_football said:

100%

I don't think I'll ever forgive Ron for what he did to Cam. And the talent he had on defense was friggin criminal - mainly because that's where he invested all the resources. 

The fact that this team keeps getting QBs without being able to protect them is... weird. Just NFL average is what I'd like from an oline. Not Philly or Dallas. Just average.

Cam is this weird double edged sword IMO when it comes to Ron.  Ron allowed for Cam to be special.  Cam wasn’t going to pair well with tons of coaches.  It would have been a Frank/Bryce scenario.

People claim Ron ran him into the ground.  None of his injuries that killed his career were tied to that though.  Cam went to NE and was basically a dominant running back after his time here.  Cam could still run on the league today.  Cam was made to be a bruiser and wanted to be.  His arm isn’t shot because of that.