• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Brian Burns play today?

Hoenheim

Yeah. He tackled Kamara for like an 8 yards loss. He also pressured Carr multiple times into the rest of his D-line. 

Now, broadly speaking, regarding our defense…I refuse to critique them anymore until we field a professional offense, which we haven’t done (arguably) since before Burns was drafted. Teddy was the best, but he was only good in the middle of the field, and was allergic to TD’s.

Its pathetic, and I’m tired of watching this unit fight for 3.5 quarters before being gassed and (I assume) mentally defeated.

• Poo 1

Burns is not worth what he wants but the defense is far away from being the problem on this team. This defense is actually pretty good. 

This offense is the worst I’ve seen since 2010 and I actually think the 2023 offense is worse than the Jimmy Clausen led team. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anyone wanting to pay this guy like an elite defender is high as fug. Not taking those two 1sts was almost as bad of a trade decision as going up for Bryce.

It was worse because he is/was a known commodity and that deal was an absolute windfall. At least with Bryce there was some small iota of hope and potential.

I've been quite disappointed with him. But Burns or no Burns the culture of this team is in the toilet and I can't blame anyone on the defense for being fed up with the pitiful lack of offensive output. Even when guys like Derrick Brown make big game changing plays they are rewarded with their efforts by a field goal if we're lucky.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anyone wanting to pay this guy like an elite defender is high as fug. Not taking those two 1sts was almost as bad of a trade decision as going up for Bryce.

Oh man.  Breaking down a few moments in sequence that really stand out:

-Pick 8 in 2021 could have produced 2 firsts, as we had offers per Fitt's post-draft presser.  That could have netted an extra first in 2022.  Instead, we had that huge gap between R1 and 4 in 2022 and mortgaged even more to trade up for Corral.  Not having a 2nd and 3rd clearly made Fitt and Rhule ansty to trade up when they could have sat and got Howell ahead of WAS.  

-The Burns offer last year could have given us a 2023 and 2024 1st.  We decline, yet we proceed to trade up and put ourselves in a position (again) where we need picks.  Mortgaged even more of what we had remaining because we got desperate, too needy.  Then, they treat the CMC package way too carelessly going all for this Bryce kid. 

The CMC picks were filling the voids we gave away for Darnold and Corral, they didn't truly net gain and we immediately waste them.    

Fitt has simply done an awful job.  And he hasn't brought in a single playmaker.  Just gave 2 away.  And I'm sure they declined interest again from a team like Detroit this season pre-deadline.

If this team was just patient and let certain things come to them, we could've had 2 firsts in the 22, 23, and 24 drafts.  Bezerk.  

Could have had a crop like Rashawn Slater (21), Garrett Wilson (22), Zion Johnson (22), & CJ Stroud with CMC and DJ Moore still in house, and an extra 1st in 2024.  And also more potential OL and DL from the picks that wouldn't have given away for Corral and Bryce.  They keep backing themselves into the corner, these forced situations, needing to force picks, missing the real talent.    

The careless QB carousel resulting in one of the biggest trades in NFL history ruined the rest of the team. So much talent missed.