• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns doesn’t think he teams top priority. Also thinks he should be paid among top edge rushers

ncfan

The one thing that was done right after the huge dropped ball of not trading this guy was not signing him to some huge contract. Earned it before the season? GTFOH. You had every opportunity to go get your fat paycheck and put up your worse season since being drafted. 

I wouldn't bother trying to tag and trade him unless had already worked out a deal with another team and he was aware of what was going down . You may not find a buyer. If we don't want to pay him $30 mil per year, why would we expect someone else to after an 8 sack season? Then we could be stuck with him on a big 1 year deal and go an entire season with him "playing scared" again. Or, Burns could decide to hold out over the tag issue and create a messy preseason distraction.

Id be ok just let him walk. We might be able to get a 3rd round comp pick for him in 2025.

1) he should be the team's top priority...finding a trade partner that will give us at least one 1st rounder.

2) if it will help sell him, then yes...i'll call him a top edge rusher in the league and i'll keep a straight face doing it. i'm that good.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Bingo. His deal was more on potential/youth than anything else. 

I went to FSU, so I'm a burns fan, but we need to just tag and trade him and be done with this. 

I love Brian Burns but he would be amazing if we have a Julius Peppers opposite him. 
He just isn’t the main event. 

• Pie 2

I like Brian on a personal level I've defended him over the months here and Scott Fitterer was a bumbling buffoon. But it's best for him to move on. We need to pay our real leader on defense Derrick Brown whatever he wants and keep it pushing. Too many other needs.

• Pie 3