• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In a deep qb class should the panther take one day 3?

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think so. We just drafted the wrong guy.

That's so convenient and easy to say in hindsight. 

If I were GM, I wouldn't have traded up, especially when 2024 was touted as being deep. It costs way too much to trade up from the ninth position to the first, especially when hitting on a QB is anything but guaranteed.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Even if he is still super committed to Bryce the potential ROI on a late round QB that hits should be an easy sell to Tepper. Even if Bryce pans out if the late round QB shows promise you have a solid backup for minimal investment or you flip him for significantly more in trade value than what you spent to acquire him.

Yeah, that’s what I said… Rattler or Travis day three. 

29 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's so convenient and easy to say in hindsight. 

If I were GM, I wouldn't have traded up, especially when 2024 was touted as being deep. It costs way too much to trade up from the ninth position to the first, especially when hitting on a QB is anything but guaranteed.

I agreed with the trade up. There was an opportunity there. There were three guys considered potential elite QB prospects. The #1 overall pick was available. We played much better down the stretch giving reasonable credence to the idea that with a legit QB and better coaching we were ready to make a leap. The opportunity to shoot our shot was there and we took it. 

• Pie 2

I here "it's a deep qb class" nearly every draft season.  The truth is that there is really only 1 that has a real chance of making it in the nfl each year, if that. Talent will only get you so far in this league. Coaching and system has a lot to do with player success.  The Panthers missed on all 3 last season. 

• Beer 1

On 2/10/2024 at 1:58 PM, CPantherKing said:

Canales would work well developing Sam Hartman in a WCO system behind Bryce Young.

Yup, Hartman immediately jumped into my mind when I read the title.  Being that we are limited on picks and needing help everywhere, I really doubt a flyer pick will be considered.

I don't like our odds of drafting a QB who will make an impact on day 3. Not when there are so many needs we could more easily address with that pick. 

The 1st pick in 2025 is what's TBD. Bryce is either going to make us competitive next year or put us in the spot to draft his replacement.