• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The CAP is now $255.4 MILLION….. now pay Burns, Brown, Luvu and let’s get this ship righted

TheBigKat

2 hours ago, Panther0221 said:

Spend that $30 million and go get guys who have real playoff experience who can help this locker room

It's not as simple as going out and paying guys. They need to only pay guys that line up with the team's timeline. An aging, win now vet is not the sort of guy the team needs right now.

• Pie 1

I’d still try to trade Burns. I love the guy and he’s way underrated here, but we need the picks and cap space on other positions right now.  Definitely throw the bag at Brown though. I saw an article earlier today where some jabroni was saying we should trade Brown lol. Adam Silver or someone like that. 

6 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Listen….I’ve been quiet on Burns and definitely do not feel like he should be top 5 paid DE’s, but he's very talented and had a down year last year. It’s a massive hole from talent and leadership perspective if he’s gone. We are a better team with him being on the roster….and if we can’t Lock up our young core during Young’s rookie contract we are missing out. Brown and Lucy should be priority 1A and 1B, but no way should we allow Burns to walk. He must be tagged, especially with the cap exploding 

He didn't have a 'down year'. He had exactly the same year as he's had 4 of his 5 seasons; 2022 was the outlier. That's the type of player he is.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

They should pay Burns so everyone else on the team knows that they will take care of their own.   You wanna build cuuture?  This is where it starts.  

Paying someone who admitted to quitting on the season is not the way. Paying Luvu and Brown who played hard the whole time is. 

• Pie 5

Burns didn’t have a down year. He purposely played bad. So not only can he not take over a game, he isn’t going to elevate the team and lead teammates if he feel it doesn’t matter or is worth it for him as an individual player. A business decision he says, so what happens when he’s bad? When the team isn’t going to win? It’s a really poor mindset. It’s not really something you pay to be the face of the defense. No thanks.

If they do end up paying him, it will be a regret mark my words.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

isnt worth 20 million a yearthis is a crazy take.

So you are willing to pay ~10% of the cap for an outside speed rush move that more often than not whiffs on the QB. 

Nobody gives two shits if he is "winning" his pass rush just to miss on the sack after the QB steps up to easily avoid him. Oh yeah he also sucks fuging ass against the run, he isnt a leader as he is playing not to get hurt. 

Too many red flags to pay him like an elite cornerstone. 

We dont just pay him now because we missed out on draft compensation for him. At this point we have to franchise him or let him walk. You dont reward a guy for that bullshit he put on the field last season. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

They should pay Burns so everyone else on the team knows that they will take care of their own.   You wanna build cuuture?  This is where it starts.  

But you're paying a guy that is a constant underperformer who played not to get hurt. That's the message we meant to be sending? That no matter what you actually do day to day in the field, we're going to take care of you? That's the culture we want to build?

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

• Pie 3

14 hours ago, frankw said:

I've gone back and forth on Burns for the last few months. At the end of the day no matter which side I fall into one aspect that does not change is all this feels eerily familiar to the discussions we had about both Christian McCaffrey and DJ Moore. Remember that at one point even Derrick Brown was talked about the way Brian Burns is now. I put the odds at 85% that if he is traded to a good franchise he experiences a career resurgence and we see a lot of tunes change here about him and folks act like they didn't want to trade him.

I think Burns it not likely to be in that class. He's a very good player but he will never be great or elite, IMO. He doesn't seem to be geared that way. 

I don't think ANYONE wanted Moore gone. I mean, if they did, they needed their head checked. CMC was very understandable. You can't keep paying RB's the way we have(although we immediately did it again with Sanders).

I hope to one day live through an era where the Panthers front office understands the modern NFL. 

• Pie 2

If the panthers signed a FA one trick pony edge rusher who admitted to dogging all of last season quitting on his team, can’t play the run for s*** and whose potential has yet to materialize in 4 years for 25 million a year… the huddle would completely melt down and other teams would clown us. 

Edited by Gapanthersfan
  • Pie 1