• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers signing Rashad Penny

He's 28 so sounds like a stopgap while the rookie we drafted rehabs and gets up to game speed. Certainly don't want to rush that. Penny was a pretty decent fantasy get in a pinch last year. He can produce but he's missed some time. Is he better than Sanders? Probably.

We certainly seem to be very committed to a strong running game. Good thing to have for any QB. But if we are going to start scoring points we have to sling the rock when it counts too.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, frankw said:

We certainly seem to be very committed to a strong running game. Good thing to have for any QB. But if we are going to start scoring points we have to sling the rock when it counts too.

As much as Canales likes to sling it, he ran Rachaad White into the ground last year.  Almost 300 carries of nothing but being ground down to the bone.

We will need guys that can run between the tackles, and I don’t think they like Sanders.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I think we trade chubba while he still has value. hes gonna walk next year.  carolina isnt going to give him big $$

This is an interesting take that I'm not sure enough folks are talking about. Not the trading part, but the walk year that he's entering. 

Only guaranteed back on this roster next year is Brooks. That's not to say that Hubbard couldn't be re-signed....just seems more unlikely, than likely.

Miles makes the most sense to be cut/traded due to his contract, but Chuba being a FA & the direction that the league is trending with not paying backs 2nd contracts, makes this a real possiblity too. 

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Pie 1

30 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yes, Canales and Morgan.  Stud coming out of college, but has been banged up since being in the League.  If, BIG IF, he can stay healthy, this dude could be a strong  acquisition.

Solid depth at least - I don't think we'll be able to count on Brooks until mid way through the season for any major carries. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

This is an interesting take that I'm not sure enough folks are talking about. Not the trading part, but the walk year that he's entering. 

Only guaranteed back on this roster next year is Brooks. That's not to say that Hubbard couldn't be re-signed....just seems more unlikely, than likely.

Miles makes the most sense to be cut/traded due to his contract, but Chuba being a FA & the direction that the league is trending with not paying backs 2nd contracts, makes this a real possiblity too. 

Sanders has zero trade value.  If you can get a few defalted footballs in the deal then so be it.  

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

We are definitely trying to be a pound the rock team. The flipside to that is the QB will pretty much be more of a game manager.

Not such a bad thing if he's hitting deep shots and big plays like slants for 20+ yards. We'll win more it'll help him grow as a QB win win for everybody involved. Not looking to win it all this year but dam being competitive tough out a well coached team is something to look forward to.

2 hours ago, Dingo_ate_Babies said:

Don't cut Sanders. We'll actually take a cap hit by doing so. We should try to trade him for picks or a player.

Honestly I dont want to cut him. He has been a good player int he league and when at his best is a CMClite. 

I would rather wait and see what he does behind a good oline then straight out cut him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Honestly I dont want to cut him. He has been a good player int he league and when at his best is a CMClite. 

I would rather wait and see what he does behind a good oline then straight out cut him. 

He's too expensive to cut this year.  In 2025? Expect him to be in an uniform other than a Panthers' one.

Plus we have nearly $50M in dead cap already, no need to add significantly more to that number.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Sanders.

He is also SIGNIFICANTLY more injury prone than any RB that I can remember in the past decade.

the best ability is availability and penny is even less reliable then horn

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

We are definitely trying to be a pound the rock team. The flipside to that is the QB will pretty much be more of a game manager.

maybe we shouldn't of hired the dude that had the worst rush attack in the NFL in his only year as an OC if that is what we seek to be.  And Tampa ran into weaker boxes than most of the league and still was horrible. 

• Beer 1