• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SI Report + Houston NFL reporter of 45 years: It's beyond over for us (Deshaun Watson)

9 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

The source is important though. One highly respected and the other is not.

This is the same dude who had to eat a newspaper on TV because he was so sure the Texans would take a QB and not Clowney #1. 

He may be right on the Jets deal. They have the most attractive package to work from.

But he's a sports writer with 45 years of experience covering a team that's played 19 seasons and whose leadership has been there about 45 minutes. I'll roll the dice he knows about as much as anyone on a Texans message board. 

Edited by trueblue
  • Beer 2

I wanted DW here, but assumed it was a pipe dream, simply because:

• #2 overall > #8 overall
  • #23 overall > #39 overall
  • #34 overall > #39 overall
  • 2022 NYJ 1st round pick > Carolina's 2022 1st round pick
  • 2022 NYJ 2nd round pick > Carolina's 2022 2nd round pick
  • Darnold  > Teddy (only because of age, ceiling and contract)

It sucks for HOU that DW stays in the AFC, but the ROI is worth it. Can't be scared to be the best.

If we got Watson, we'd be playoff bound....or at worst, our draft pick would be 18th or higher. I don't see the NYJ besting that next year. 

• Pie 1

With this years draft being such a crapshoot due to limiting scouting it may be smarter for them to hang onto Watson until after the draft. 

We could see a lot of trades this year for players already on rosters due to teams not valuing their 1st rounders as much. 

This is also wishful thinking from me. We could really use one more year worth of draft picks to solidify a solid core of youth for a QB to slide in and put us over the top. 

16 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I wanted DW here, but assumed it was a pipe dream, simply because:

• #2 overall > #8 overall
  • #23 overall > #39 overall
  • #34 overall > #39 overall
  • 2022 NYJ 1st round pick > Carolina's 2022 1st round pick
  • 2022 NYJ 2nd round pick > Carolina's 2022 2nd round pick
  • Darnold  > Teddy (only because of age, ceiling and contract)

It sucks for HOU that DW stays in the AFC, but the ROI is worth it. Can't be scared to be the best.

If we got Watson, we'd be playoff bound....or at worst, our draft pick would be 18th or higher. I don't see the NYJ besting that next year. 

Plus they have SEA 1st in 2022 plus a 3rd and a 4th from them as well. If I’m the Jets I go all in for him. Mainly because they can withstand the loss of picks because of having extras and a large amount of cap space to fill in the holes those picks would have. 

I'm not counting on Watson ever being in a Panthers uniform, but until I hear from him, I won't believe that he's interested in playing for the Jets (or anyone else). 

I'm sensing that this could drag on into the season, certainly past the draft, and if that's the case, anything can happen. 

Until I hear from him or his agent, I take all these reports with a block of salt!

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Mcnair and Casserio said they would only trade to the jets? I thought they said "we are not trading the player"

The team's position is that they're not trading him at all, and McClain echoes that.

He said it would be the Jets if they changed their mind, but he doesn't believe they will.

Right now, most people don't.

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

So what you're saying is that win against Rivera, the moral victory, ended up costing us Watson. Sweet. Sweet.....

Nobody is saying that. The win would have never put us ahead of the Jets in the draft order.  Where did you come up with that?

Edited by Moo Daeng