• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 - Carolina Panthers Select CB Jaycee Horn

Zod

5 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Like the pick. Our biggest needs were LT, CB and S. We got one of the best 2 cbs in the draft and a lock down corner. Our Defense is getting salty. Need an OT in the second. Some think we needed a player or two. We are a draft or 2 away. Im good with building. Hate we didn't get Sewell

Corner is a tough position, if he's a lockdown guy then it's a great pick.  The last lockdown CB I can think of who had an instant impact from the top 10 is maybe Lattimore like 4 years ago.  And I think he's actually regressed since then.  Hoping this guy can break the cycle

edit- actually, Lattimore was 11th.  Either way, the pick is done, go Jaycee Horn!

Edited by PandaMan

Corner was our second biggest need behind LT.  It sucks we didn't get Sewell, but this was a huge need.  I've mocked a CB in the 2nd round the majority of the time.  Almost exclusively in the 2nd round since we acquired Darnold and took QB off our list as the biggest need.

Hopefully he can beat the odds of being a top 10 corner pick. It's been rough looking back at how highly drafted corners have been busting.

I don't really understand the pick from a team building stand point. I guess they must be sold on Darnold, God help us, because this will make any chance of grabbing a quarterback very difficult in the future. Building the defense first without a quarterback is something well documented. Though maybe we can pull of a 49er's trade in a few years too.

Horn ran a 4.39 40-yard dash, jumped 41.5 and 133 inches on the vertical and broad jump, respectively, and put up 19 reps on the bench press, all after measuring in at 6-1 and 205 pounds.

A few of us were saying we needed to get a CB1 in round 1.  We did. Where did we get better?

#1 CB

#2 CB

S

Defensive pass rush.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

If we take Horn at 8 then we're going sub.500. We don't have the o-line to protect a terrified Darnold (he throws picks and turkeys when he's scared) and we're not getting what we need in the later rounds. You have to think passing offense first. The rest is secondary, including the secondary. It won't matter at all when Horn is racking up pass interference calls in the 4th quarter against Brady. You'll want to bust your tv watching that. We have to be much smarter than that.

Sadly this sounds very accurate.  Down 3 scores, Horn and Donte Jackson compete at the end of the game for who can pick up the dumbest penalty, likely after the whistle.

• Pie 1