• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question...what if P.J is better then S D?

Jmac

Until results prove otherwise I can't say Sam is head and shoulders above PJ. Both quarterbacks can sling it and move around the pocket well but both quarterbacks have questionable decision making and that's the variable that can make or break the season. But both are still much better options than Bridgewater was because they'll actually take chances and try to push the ball downfield. But when you look at it from that angle Teddy never should have been here in the first place.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’m don’t like our whole qb situation honestly. I don’t care what anyone says but we should have been giving Darnold reps he shouldn’t be considered a vet. Idc if he was going against their damn second string. I’m sorry but we don’t know what we have in Darnold and if anyone thinks we have backups well I don’t know what else to tell ya. Nothing against you just my opinion.

In all fairness, if you don’t care what people have to say why participant on a forum around people’s opinions? Seems like an oxymoron 🙂 

just feels like an unhealthy activity to participate in.

Edited by TheCasillas

He's not so it's a moot point.  So much angst about this.  It was funny at first but now it's just tiring.   I'm fairly certain that if there was a question about who starts Darnold would have been in the field yesterday.  He was not and that settles it.  They are going to ride or die with Sam.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I didnt see posts like that.   I saw a couple mentioning he wasnt a good backup and one mentioning an overreaction to 1 preseason game but those are both responses to the post.  I didnt really notice any saying the post shouldnt have been made.  

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What if people were smart enough to know not to overreact to preseason games? 🤔

This is specifically what I'm talking about. If you view a topic of not being worthy of consideration, just don't click on it. Coming into topics to bash the topic and/or the posters is something you'll start seeing a crackdown on in the regular season. It just invites personal arguments and derails threads. We're seeing way too much of it right now.

Fair warning.

• Pie 2

Honestly, if Darnold falls flat out there, I don't think it's going to matter who they put in next at QB. We're going to be looking at a long season, an early early draft pick and probably the loss of a coach or two or three. 

I know, I know, I know... long contract yada yada yada, Tepper believes, yada, yada, yada. Rhule, Brady and Snow are geniuses, yada yada yada. It just takes time to build, yada yada yada.

None of that matters. Last year we sucked. The year before we sucked. A third year in a row of suckage and the crowd will start calling for blood. 

I want Rhule to succeed. I want it to happen this year. I want us to not just be competitive but to contend. We've got some great talents on this team, some guys who could be legendary. But we need the Rhule Revolution to kick it into gear or we'll start seeing the Chip Kelly comparisons come along.

I thought we--as in the Huddle--had gotten past the days of embracing mediocrity. It appeared as though Rhule was changing the culture and it was rubbing off on people. I think that he has to a large degree, but he hasn't done it perfectly. But there's no need to grasp ahold of the imperfections.

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're just seeing way too many threads derailed by people complaining about people voicing an opinion different from their own right now.

Comments from the other side of the fence are expected and should be welcomed.

Comments complaining that there is another side of the fence are the problem.

Wise words to live by...

...hopefully the entirety of the country will take your advice!

38 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

There isn’t many “good backup QBs” in the NFL @BurnNChinn in all honesty PJ won his first and only NFL start… not much more you can ask from the kid. There are very few teams in the NFL that can survive if their QB goes down. 

Not knocking you but you are a bit too aggressive on PJ given that he plays a role in the NFL that are very few good and far between. 

The defense gave up like 225 TOTAL yards that game. It would have taken a miracle to lose it. Lets look at the rest of his stats for the season.  Downright horrifying (and that includes the DET game). 

image.thumb.png.160bf7f3f887732a784da7b4b39b2cf1.png

• Beer 1